Malaysia Airlines Announces Launch of A380s with Child-Free Business and First Class
In a statement issued earlier this month, Malaysia Airlines announced that it would be launching its line of A380 planes on July 1, 2012. While that was news in itself, what really garnered attention from the media and up-to-date flyers was the airline's announcement of a new, and unique, seating configuration.
According to the airline, the 350 seats in the Economy section on the main deck of the plane would be booked for families with children, what the airline calls a "family and children friendly inflight zone." Business and First Class sections on the upper level would not book parties with children. Should there be an "overwhelming demand" for economy seats that exceeded the main deck's capacity, an additional 70 Economy seats would be made available to families with children on the upper deck.
"From the perspective of customers traveling with their families the economy class family-friendly convenience would be a warm welcome," says Dato' Mohd Salleh Ahmad Tabrani, Executive Vice President (Customer Experience). "The main deck has more facilities such as toilets (8 for an economy configuration of 350 seats) and the dual aerobridge airport facility supporting this deck will also mean a speedier/faster embarkation and disembarkation for this group of passengers."What do you think about Malaysia Airline's decision to book children in a designated area? Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section below!
Photo Credit: Courtesy Malaysia Airlines
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1399 -- Asia: 2-Week Celebrity Cruise w/$1000 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1917 & up -- Fiji Islands, Auckland & Sydney 9-Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1599 -- 15-Night Hawaiian Islands Cruise w/$250 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $499 & up -- Canary Islands & Morocco 9-Nt. Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1092* & up -- Fly to Argentina from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN