Malaysia Airlines Announces Launch of A380s with Child-Free Business and First Class
In a statement issued earlier this month, Malaysia Airlines announced that it would be launching its line of A380 planes on July 1, 2012. While that was news in itself, what really garnered attention from the media and up-to-date flyers was the airline's announcement of a new, and unique, seating configuration.
According to the airline, the 350 seats in the Economy section on the main deck of the plane would be booked for families with children, what the airline calls a "family and children friendly inflight zone." Business and First Class sections on the upper level would not book parties with children. Should there be an "overwhelming demand" for economy seats that exceeded the main deck's capacity, an additional 70 Economy seats would be made available to families with children on the upper deck.
"From the perspective of customers traveling with their families the economy class family-friendly convenience would be a warm welcome," says Dato' Mohd Salleh Ahmad Tabrani, Executive Vice President (Customer Experience). "The main deck has more facilities such as toilets (8 for an economy configuration of 350 seats) and the dual aerobridge airport facility supporting this deck will also mean a speedier/faster embarkation and disembarkation for this group of passengers."What do you think about Malaysia Airline's decision to book children in a designated area? Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section below!
Photo Credit: Courtesy Malaysia Airlines
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2175 & up -- Scotland: Castle & Manor Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $379 & up -- Exotic Canary Islands & Morocco Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $609 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $519 & up -- Alaska: 7-Night Summer Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line