Malaysia Airlines Announces Launch of A380s with Child-Free Business and First Class
In a statement issued earlier this month, Malaysia Airlines announced that it would be launching its line of A380 planes on July 1, 2012. While that was news in itself, what really garnered attention from the media and up-to-date flyers was the airline's announcement of a new, and unique, seating configuration.
According to the airline, the 350 seats in the Economy section on the main deck of the plane would be booked for families with children, what the airline calls a "family and children friendly inflight zone." Business and First Class sections on the upper level would not book parties with children. Should there be an "overwhelming demand" for economy seats that exceeded the main deck's capacity, an additional 70 Economy seats would be made available to families with children on the upper deck.
"From the perspective of customers traveling with their families the economy class family-friendly convenience would be a warm welcome," says Dato' Mohd Salleh Ahmad Tabrani, Executive Vice President (Customer Experience). "The main deck has more facilities such as toilets (8 for an economy configuration of 350 seats) and the dual aerobridge airport facility supporting this deck will also mean a speedier/faster embarkation and disembarkation for this group of passengers."What do you think about Malaysia Airline's decision to book children in a designated area? Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section below!
Photo Credit: Courtesy Malaysia Airlines
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $399 & up -- Ends 10/24: Bahamas Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona