5 Travel Tips from Trina Turk
With global commerce these days, fashion designers spend much of their time in the air. Take L.A.-based contemporary designer Trina Turk, who flies between coasts for work appointments, but also books worldwide trips for fun. She has since blended work with pleasure, like her collection for the Grace Bay Club, with the punny name Trina Turks & Caicos. And more recently, she teamed up with the St. Regis Princeville in Kauai to design a special cabana in her trademark bright prints. Here, we tapped the global jet-setter for her best travel tips:
1. Pack light—Don't worry about having a completely new look for every day, but rather find a few basics that you love and then mix in some fun colorful and printed pieces. I always pack way too many shoes. So after you're done packing, remove 3 pairs of shoes!
2. Instagram your journey—My husband Jonathan loves to take pictures and it is wonderful to remember your vacation through instant images.
3. Be prepared—I always travel to warm destinations with a large sun hat, sunglasses, and Neutrogena SPF 45 Sunscreen. Getting a sunburn on the first day of vacation can ruin the whole trip.
4. Be creative—Pack statement pieces that are appropriate for multiple occasions. A jersey dress, like our "Fontaine" style, in paprika works as a swim cover-up or a dress, and always bring a few statement jewelry pieces like a coral and gem necklace or cuff to mix-up your travel looks without over-filling your suitcase.
5. Pack for the season—When going to a hot island destination, my travel essentials include: metallic sandals for summer, white shorts and printed everything!
Photo Credit: courtesy St. Regis Princeville; Trina Turk
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $1615 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6-Nts. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $219 & up -- Bahamas: 3-Day Cruise to Nassau w/OceanviewCarnival Cruise Lines
- $449 & up -- Bermuda Weeklong Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1487* & up -- Australia Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxVirgin Australia
- $575 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays