5 Travel Tips from Trina Turk
With global commerce these days, fashion designers spend much of their time in the air. Take L.A.-based contemporary designer Trina Turk, who flies between coasts for work appointments, but also books worldwide trips for fun. She has since blended work with pleasure, like her collection for the Grace Bay Club, with the punny name Trina Turks & Caicos. And more recently, she teamed up with the St. Regis Princeville in Kauai to design a special cabana in her trademark bright prints. Here, we tapped the global jet-setter for her best travel tips:
1. Pack light—Don't worry about having a completely new look for every day, but rather find a few basics that you love and then mix in some fun colorful and printed pieces. I always pack way too many shoes. So after you're done packing, remove 3 pairs of shoes!
2. Instagram your journey—My husband Jonathan loves to take pictures and it is wonderful to remember your vacation through instant images.
3. Be prepared—I always travel to warm destinations with a large sun hat, sunglasses, and Neutrogena SPF 45 Sunscreen. Getting a sunburn on the first day of vacation can ruin the whole trip.
4. Be creative—Pack statement pieces that are appropriate for multiple occasions. A jersey dress, like our "Fontaine" style, in paprika works as a swim cover-up or a dress, and always bring a few statement jewelry pieces like a coral and gem necklace or cuff to mix-up your travel looks without over-filling your suitcase.
5. Pack for the season—When going to a hot island destination, my travel essentials include: metallic sandals for summer, white shorts and printed everything!
Photo Credit: courtesy St. Regis Princeville; Trina Turk
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays