5 Travel Tips from Trina Turk
With global commerce these days, fashion designers spend much of their time in the air. Take L.A.-based contemporary designer Trina Turk, who flies between coasts for work appointments, but also books worldwide trips for fun. She has since blended work with pleasure, like her collection for the Grace Bay Club, with the punny name Trina Turks & Caicos. And more recently, she teamed up with the St. Regis Princeville in Kauai to design a special cabana in her trademark bright prints. Here, we tapped the global jet-setter for her best travel tips:
1. Pack light—Don't worry about having a completely new look for every day, but rather find a few basics that you love and then mix in some fun colorful and printed pieces. I always pack way too many shoes. So after you're done packing, remove 3 pairs of shoes!
2. Instagram your journey—My husband Jonathan loves to take pictures and it is wonderful to remember your vacation through instant images.
3. Be prepared—I always travel to warm destinations with a large sun hat, sunglasses, and Neutrogena SPF 45 Sunscreen. Getting a sunburn on the first day of vacation can ruin the whole trip.
4. Be creative—Pack statement pieces that are appropriate for multiple occasions. A jersey dress, like our "Fontaine" style, in paprika works as a swim cover-up or a dress, and always bring a few statement jewelry pieces like a coral and gem necklace or cuff to mix-up your travel looks without over-filling your suitcase.
5. Pack for the season—When going to a hot island destination, my travel essentials include: metallic sandals for summer, white shorts and printed everything!
Photo Credit: courtesy St. Regis Princeville; Trina Turk
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $289 & up -- Bahamas Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $165 & up -- Suite: 4.5-Star Puerto Rico Beachfront ResortBookIt.com
- $64-$67 -- Anaheim Area Hotel w/Theme Park Shuttles, 55% OffBookIt.com