Pod Hotel's Second New York Outpost Debuts in June
Manhattan’s most affordable concept hotel has announced its second Pod—named Pod 39 for its location on 39th Street between Lexington and Third Avenues—will open on June 10 and is already accepting reservations online. Like the original Pod 51, the new hotel follows the same winning formula: cheap rates (by NYC standards, anyhow), starting from $119/night; small but slick accommodations; and happening communal spaces. (Interesting tidbit: The original Pod hotel is reportedly the most profitable hotel on a square-foot basis in New York City.)
Ornate features from the original structure, like terra-cotta floors and columns, and sweeping brick archways, have been left intact, while techie flair has been layered on top (including a video screening wall and two "interactive walls" chockablock with iPads).
No two rooms at the new Pod are exactly the same, but all 367 come with en suite bathrooms with frosted sliding-glass doors and subway-tiled walls, shiny modular furniture and storage cubes, midcentury modern-style fixings, and techie perks like media hubs, mounted flat-screen TVs, and the like. Pod 39 will also feature a 17th-floor rooftop lounge with stellar city views and a taco joint. Rates start from $119/night; www.thepodhotel.com.
Thinking about a trip to New York City?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our New York City Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Pod Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2014
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- 7 Reasons to Go to Miami this Winter
- American Airlines Introduces New Transcontinental Fleet
- Weekend Escape: Holiday Shopping in NYC
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1466* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $593-$625* -- Fly to Martinique from NYC (R/T incl. Tax)Martinique Promotion Bureau
- $124 -- Kauai: Beachfront Plantation-Style Resort, 20% OffAston Islander on the Beach
- $985 & up -- Riviera Maya 4-Star Trip w/Air + $500 CreditLiberty Travel
- $206 -- Maui Resort on Kaanapali Beach, Save $133Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach