Pod Hotel's Second New York Outpost Debuts in June
Manhattan’s most affordable concept hotel has announced its second Pod—named Pod 39 for its location on 39th Street between Lexington and Third Avenues—will open on June 10 and is already accepting reservations online. Like the original Pod 51, the new hotel follows the same winning formula: cheap rates (by NYC standards, anyhow), starting from $119/night; small but slick accommodations; and happening communal spaces. (Interesting tidbit: The original Pod hotel is reportedly the most profitable hotel on a square-foot basis in New York City.)
Ornate features from the original structure, like terra-cotta floors and columns, and sweeping brick archways, have been left intact, while techie flair has been layered on top (including a video screening wall and two "interactive walls" chockablock with iPads).
No two rooms at the new Pod are exactly the same, but all 367 come with en suite bathrooms with frosted sliding-glass doors and subway-tiled walls, shiny modular furniture and storage cubes, midcentury modern-style fixings, and techie perks like media hubs, mounted flat-screen TVs, and the like. Pod 39 will also feature a 17th-floor rooftop lounge with stellar city views and a taco joint. Rates start from $119/night; www.thepodhotel.com.
Thinking about a trip to New York City?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our New York City Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Pod Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- Maui: 5-Nt. Trip w/Hawaiian Activities & AirApple Vacations
- $499 & up -- Canary Islands & Morocco 9-Nt. Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1936 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Escorted Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $594* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com