Pod Hotel's Second New York Outpost Debuts in June
Manhattan’s most affordable concept hotel has announced its second Pod—named Pod 39 for its location on 39th Street between Lexington and Third Avenues—will open on June 10 and is already accepting reservations online. Like the original Pod 51, the new hotel follows the same winning formula: cheap rates (by NYC standards, anyhow), starting from $119/night; small but slick accommodations; and happening communal spaces. (Interesting tidbit: The original Pod hotel is reportedly the most profitable hotel on a square-foot basis in New York City.)
Ornate features from the original structure, like terra-cotta floors and columns, and sweeping brick archways, have been left intact, while techie flair has been layered on top (including a video screening wall and two "interactive walls" chockablock with iPads).
No two rooms at the new Pod are exactly the same, but all 367 come with en suite bathrooms with frosted sliding-glass doors and subway-tiled walls, shiny modular furniture and storage cubes, midcentury modern-style fixings, and techie perks like media hubs, mounted flat-screen TVs, and the like. Pod 39 will also feature a 17th-floor rooftop lounge with stellar city views and a taco joint. Rates start from $119/night; www.thepodhotel.com.
Thinking about a trip to New York City?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our New York City Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Pod Hotel
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com