Cannondale Introduces New Worldwide Bike Tours
A vacation bike ride conjures up images of leisurely pedals down idyllic paths, the jingle of a bell as one warns a lazing dog off the road, a picnic lunch nesting snugly in one’s basket. Happily, for cycling enthusiasts, bike-maker Cannondale has launched a new kind of bike tour that follows the routes of legendary pro tours in America and Europe, but combines physical exertion with plenty of sightseeing and pampered recovery time factored in.
In 2012, Cannondale, in partnership with DuVine Adventures, will offer six guided bicycle tours along some of the most iconic routes in pro racing as part of Cannondale Tours. In France, guests will bike a route through the Alps and Dauphiné region (ascending a route new to this year's Tour de France). In Italy, they’ll cruise the Dolomites or take in the Tuscan countryside (crossing segments of race routes like the Giro d'Italia). Or, cycle closer to home on Colorado circuits that run along the US Pro Cycling Challenge track. Other biking destinations include national parks in Spain and Kona, Hawaii. Coupled with these strenuous rides are amenities primed for soothing recovery, including high-end hotel stays, massages, gourmet meals, and wine tastings.
"Cannondale Tours is for cyclists that want to challenge themselves by riding world-famous routes, led by professional, experienced guides, while being truly immersed in a region’s culture. Guests will bike hard, eat and drink well, and sleep in style," said Bob Burbank, Global General Manager for Cannondale. "DuVine Adventures has operated personalized cycling tours since 1996 and is the perfect partner for Cannondale Tours."
Tours range in price from $1,995 per person for a two-and-a-half day tour in Colorado and run up to $5,995 per person for the seven-night bike tour through Spain. Inclusions vary by tour, but generally consist of most meals, accommodations, guide services, entrance fees, transportation, bicycle rentals, and other amenities. Visit www.cannondale.com/tours for more information.
Photo Credit: courtesy DuVine Adventures
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $609 & up -- Los Cabos Beachfront Vacation w/Air, $280 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $165 & up -- Bermuda Hotel Sale w/Free Nights, up to 65% OffBermuda Tourism Authority
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts