Cannondale Introduces New Worldwide Bike Tours
A vacation bike ride conjures up images of leisurely pedals down idyllic paths, the jingle of a bell as one warns a lazing dog off the road, a picnic lunch nesting snugly in one’s basket. Happily, for cycling enthusiasts, bike-maker Cannondale has launched a new kind of bike tour that follows the routes of legendary pro tours in America and Europe, but combines physical exertion with plenty of sightseeing and pampered recovery time factored in.
In 2012, Cannondale, in partnership with DuVine Adventures, will offer six guided bicycle tours along some of the most iconic routes in pro racing as part of Cannondale Tours. In France, guests will bike a route through the Alps and Dauphiné region (ascending a route new to this year's Tour de France). In Italy, they’ll cruise the Dolomites or take in the Tuscan countryside (crossing segments of race routes like the Giro d'Italia). Or, cycle closer to home on Colorado circuits that run along the US Pro Cycling Challenge track. Other biking destinations include national parks in Spain and Kona, Hawaii. Coupled with these strenuous rides are amenities primed for soothing recovery, including high-end hotel stays, massages, gourmet meals, and wine tastings.
"Cannondale Tours is for cyclists that want to challenge themselves by riding world-famous routes, led by professional, experienced guides, while being truly immersed in a region’s culture. Guests will bike hard, eat and drink well, and sleep in style," said Bob Burbank, Global General Manager for Cannondale. "DuVine Adventures has operated personalized cycling tours since 1996 and is the perfect partner for Cannondale Tours."
Tours range in price from $1,995 per person for a two-and-a-half day tour in Colorado and run up to $5,995 per person for the seven-night bike tour through Spain. Inclusions vary by tour, but generally consist of most meals, accommodations, guide services, entrance fees, transportation, bicycle rentals, and other amenities. Visit www.cannondale.com/tours for more information.
Photo Credit: courtesy DuVine Adventures
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $419 & up -- Norwegian Getaway Cruise Sale w/UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $299 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $8.89 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $724* & up -- Global Fare Sale on Award-Winning Airline, R/TTurkish Airlines
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa