Two Spring Hotel Deals in California's Ojai Valley
SoCal’s Shangri-la (as depicted in Frank Capra’s film Lost Horizon), is pretty little Ojai (pronounced "oh-high"), a peaceful and paradisaical enclave that's just a 50-minute drive from Santa Barbara or a 1.5-hour drive from Los Angeles. Artists, hippies, and oodles of celebrities regularly flee to the hamlet for weekend respite. It’s easy to relax here, thanks to the handful of excellent spas and golf courses, not to mention the sublime scenery (think lush hillsides, fragrant lavender fields, and orange groves, all surrounded by the Topatopa Mountains). We recommend tacking on a few days in Ojai onto your next Southern California trip, especially in springtime, during the resort’s celebrated pixie tangerine harvest. Here are two Ojai hotel deals to help you on your way.
Pixie Tangerine Package at Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
One of the area’s best resorts, the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa offers 220 acres replete with an 18-hole golf course; Spanish colonial-style accommodations with terra-cotta tile floors, pretty carved-post beds, and fireplaces and balconies (in some); and a spa that uses organic ingredients and has a special men’s menu for après-golf pampering.
The Deal: The property is now offering a spring Pixie Experience package, which includes a pixie tangerine surprise upon arrival, daily breakfast for two, Pixie Twist cocktails for two, and a 50-minute Pixie Body Polish treatment at its first-rate spa. This deal is valid for travel through May 31; package rates start from $499/night.
Book It: Call 888/697-8780 and mention the Pixie Package or visit www.ojairesort.com.
Ladies Weekend at the Oaks at Ojai
Unwind and reboot at The Oaks at Ojai. Its award-winning spa, healthy spa cuisine, and daily exercise classes in the fitness center or in the valley’s foothills make it a cinch to relax your mind and body.
The Deal: Perfect for a Mother’s Day getaway, each daughter (or son) sharing a room with their mom receives a 40 percent discount on nightly program rates. Discount rates start from $119/night for stays May 11–18, and include accommodations, three spa meals daily, healthy snacks and beverages, and complete use of resort facilities. Note that a two-night minimum stay is required.
Book It: Call 800/753-6257 and mention the Mother-Daughter special or visit www.oaksspa.com.
Thinking of a trip to Ojai?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Santa Barbara and the Central Coast Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand