Aman Resorts Debuts New Greek Property Amanzoe this Summer
Aman Resorts, known for its exquisite collection of intimate, luxury resorts, all with a strong sense of place, will open its third Mediterranean property, Amanzoe (Sanskrit for "peace and life"), on the Greek Peloponnesian coast this summer. The Ed Tuttle-designed contemporary complex sits high on a hillside affording knockout Aegean views from all angles.
Its 38 individual guest pavilions (or villas) offer their own private entryway through a stone-wall courtyard. Each comes with a private swimming pool, terrace with pergola, slick living space, and alcove sleeping area; deluxe pool pavilions have larger, 39-foot-long swimming pools. The property will have its own private beach club, spa, library, and several restaurants.
Amanzoe is only a 10-minute drive to Porto Heli village and within day-trip distance of a handful of archeological sites. Resort-led excursions include trekking to the ruins, island hopping, sailing, water-skiing, and wine-tasting at local vineyards. Intro summer rates start from $1,078/night; www.amanresorts.com/amanzoe.
Thinking of a trip to the Peloponnese?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Peloponnese Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Amanresorts
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $592* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (Roundtrip w/Tax)LAN
- $1299 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $183-$201 -- Downtown Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $99-$109 -- Downtown Memphis Hotel on Weekdays, 35% OffSheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $1792 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6 Nights. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com