Aman Resorts Debuts New Greek Property Amanzoe this Summer
Aman Resorts, known for its exquisite collection of intimate, luxury resorts, all with a strong sense of place, will open its third Mediterranean property, Amanzoe (Sanskrit for "peace and life"), on the Greek Peloponnesian coast this summer. The Ed Tuttle-designed contemporary complex sits high on a hillside affording knockout Aegean views from all angles.
Its 38 individual guest pavilions (or villas) offer their own private entryway through a stone-wall courtyard. Each comes with a private swimming pool, terrace with pergola, slick living space, and alcove sleeping area; deluxe pool pavilions have larger, 39-foot-long swimming pools. The property will have its own private beach club, spa, library, and several restaurants.
Amanzoe is only a 10-minute drive to Porto Heli village and within day-trip distance of a handful of archeological sites. Resort-led excursions include trekking to the ruins, island hopping, sailing, water-skiing, and wine-tasting at local vineyards. Intro summer rates start from $1,078/night; www.amanresorts.com/amanzoe.
Thinking of a trip to the Peloponnese?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Peloponnese Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Amanresorts
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays