Aman Resorts Debuts New Greek Property Amanzoe this Summer
Aman Resorts, known for its exquisite collection of intimate, luxury resorts, all with a strong sense of place, will open its third Mediterranean property, Amanzoe (Sanskrit for "peace and life"), on the Greek Peloponnesian coast this summer. The Ed Tuttle-designed contemporary complex sits high on a hillside affording knockout Aegean views from all angles.
Its 38 individual guest pavilions (or villas) offer their own private entryway through a stone-wall courtyard. Each comes with a private swimming pool, terrace with pergola, slick living space, and alcove sleeping area; deluxe pool pavilions have larger, 39-foot-long swimming pools. The property will have its own private beach club, spa, library, and several restaurants.
Amanzoe is only a 10-minute drive to Porto Heli village and within day-trip distance of a handful of archeological sites. Resort-led excursions include trekking to the ruins, island hopping, sailing, water-skiing, and wine-tasting at local vineyards. Intro summer rates start from $1,078/night; www.amanresorts.com/amanzoe.
Thinking of a trip to the Peloponnese?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Peloponnese Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Amanresorts
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com