Chapman House: Nantucket's Newest Hotel
This June, visitors to Nantucket Island can bunk down at the new Chapman House hotel, set to open its doors in the heart of Old Nantucket Town. The property will exude a modern beach-house feel with retro-chic touches, thanks to the work of Boston interior design firm Rachel Reider Interiors, known for its inventive reimaginings of New England shoreline inns (like the Captain Fairfield Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine).
The intimate Chapman House's 11 rooms are each uniquely sized and decorated, and come tucked into a building dating back to 1717. It’s located on the grounds of The Veranda House, a 1684 structure set on one of the highest points on the island, with panoramic views of the harbor (which has been booking its own guests since its 18 rooms debuted in 2006). Rachel Reider also designed interiors at The Veranda House, relying upon modern elements like zebra prints, coral motifs, sheer icy-blue and buttery-yellow curtains, and cherry-red armchairs and cocktail tables; the firm has brought a similar aesthetic to the Chapman House. Expect a mod coastal motif, with white and gray tones mixed with golden woods, and offset by bold splashes of color (like turquoises and reds).
Guests at Chapman House receive access to luxury perks like iPod docking stations; afternoon Champagne receptions in the garden of the Veranda House; personalized concierge services to arrange dinner reservations or nearby outdoor activities; and Frette bed linens and duvets. Within four blocks of the hotel are three bicycle-rental companies, primed for further exploration of Nantucket; several beaches are also within walking distance. Take advantage of the hotel's Beach Concierge program, which matches you with the right beach for your style, arranging transportation, towels, sun umbrellas, and a picnic lunch to round out your experience.
The hotel will offer a daily continental breakfast buffet, including organic yogurt, pastries, bagels, homemade granola, seasonal fruit, and artisanal cheeses, to be served in the lounge or on the patio. Room rates range from $159 and $449 per night; visit www.theverandahouse.com for more info.
Thinking of a trip to Nantucket?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Nantucket Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Rare Brick
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- Cabo 4-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $63 & up -- NorCal: Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $619* & up -- Europe Fare Sale from across the U.S. (R/T)Lufthansa
- $59* & up -- Spring Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $539 & up -- 10-Nt. Mediterranean Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $49 & up -- Atlantic City Hotel Sale incl. Extras & CreditsAtlantic City