Book Stylish Apartment Stays and Local Hosts with Plus One Berlin
Whenever we travel, we’re always looking for the local slant—the underground hot spots that the tourists don’t know about, or that hole-in-the-wall bistro with phenomenal food. There’s really no better way to experience a foreign city than by indulging in some local flavor. Berlin’s new hospitality company, Plus One Berlin, allows you to do just that.
Along with smart, live-like-a-local apartment accommodations in Berlin’s up-and-coming Kreuzkölln nabe, near Kreuzberg, every guest that books through Plus One Berlin is paired with an in-the-know local to give them an insider's take on the real Berlin. Travelers can choose from 28 passionate local hosts (each has an online profile describing their interests, nationality, and profession) and either meet their "plus one" for advice, or schedule a three- to five-hour outing about the happening German capital.
Rates go for $160/night and include a designer, apartment-like room with kitchenette, balcony, and techie essentials (Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, iPod dock); one local outing for every two to three nights booked; an area map; a key ring for a 10-percent discount at nearby shops and restaurants; and a food or beverage treat upon arrival. For more information and booking details, visit PlusOneBerlin.com.
Photo Credit: courtesy Plus One Berlin
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays