Hike short and long trails at the Santa Catalina Island Conservancy near Los Angeles
The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy outside Los Angeles is a prime spot for short spring hikes and backcountry treks. You’ll need a permit to hike into the interior of the park, and all overnight camping requires a reservation. A new GPS app for iPhone/Android provides guided tours to some trails. Bring a paper back-up, though, as service can be spotty.
Thinking of a trip to California? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online California Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Europe's 8 Most Picturesque Towns
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $115 -- Playa Del Carmen Adult-Only Escape, Save 30%Deseo [Hotel + Lounge]
- $1729 & up -- Iceland Nature and Spa Getaway w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $849 & up -- Cancun: Riu 4-Star, 4-Night Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $99 -- SoCal: Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, incl. WeekendsHotel Fullerton
- $679 & up -- Iberostar: Vallarta 4-Star Trip w/Air, $410 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $209 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston