Hike short and long trails at the Santa Catalina Island Conservancy near Los Angeles
The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy outside Los Angeles is a prime spot for short spring hikes and backcountry treks. You’ll need a permit to hike into the interior of the park, and all overnight camping requires a reservation. A new GPS app for iPhone/Android provides guided tours to some trails. Bring a paper back-up, though, as service can be spotty.
Thinking of a trip to California? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online California Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1199 -- Dominican: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $1615 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6-Nts. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $2279* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $1649 & up -- Oahu: 4.5-Star Disney Aulani Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $215 & up -- Florida: 4-Star Hollywood Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Diplomat