Hike short and long trails at the Santa Catalina Island Conservancy near Los Angeles
The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy outside Los Angeles is a prime spot for short spring hikes and backcountry treks. You’ll need a permit to hike into the interior of the park, and all overnight camping requires a reservation. A new GPS app for iPhone/Android provides guided tours to some trails. Bring a paper back-up, though, as service can be spotty.
Thinking of a trip to California? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online California Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $835 & up -- Ireland 7-Nt. 4-City Package w/Air, Hotel & CarEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $849 & up -- Balcony on Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1940 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com
- $399 -- 7 Night Cruise to St. Maarten from MiamiMSC Cruises
- $1899 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 8-Nt., 4-City Trip w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store