Hike short and long trails at the Santa Catalina Island Conservancy near Los Angeles
The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy outside Los Angeles is a prime spot for short spring hikes and backcountry treks. You’ll need a permit to hike into the interior of the park, and all overnight camping requires a reservation. A new GPS app for iPhone/Android provides guided tours to some trails. Bring a paper back-up, though, as service can be spotty.
Thinking of a trip to California? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online California Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $251 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 10% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $119 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $197 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $49 & up -- Orlando Hotels near Disney on Sale, Half OffBookIt.com
- $399 & up -- Canada & New England 7-Nt. Cruise, 50% OffHolland America Line