Hike short and long trails at the Santa Catalina Island Conservancy near Los Angeles
The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy outside Los Angeles is a prime spot for short spring hikes and backcountry treks. You’ll need a permit to hike into the interior of the park, and all overnight camping requires a reservation. A new GPS app for iPhone/Android provides guided tours to some trails. Bring a paper back-up, though, as service can be spotty.
Thinking of a trip to California? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online California Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $679 & up -- Ends 1/31: Alaska Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $171 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $239 & up -- 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. Cayman IslandsCarnival Cruise Line
- $1141 & up -- Bahamas 5-Nt. Trip w/Air & Access to AtlantisApple Vacations
- $739 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line