Hike short and long trails at the Santa Catalina Island Conservancy near Los Angeles
The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy outside Los Angeles is a prime spot for short spring hikes and backcountry treks. You’ll need a permit to hike into the interior of the park, and all overnight camping requires a reservation. A new GPS app for iPhone/Android provides guided tours to some trails. Bring a paper back-up, though, as service can be spotty.
Thinking of a trip to California? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online California Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $1999 -- Dubai & India 9-Night Trip w/Air & Tours, Save $775Friendly Planet Travel
- $699 -- Andes & South America 16-Night Cruise on PrincessPrincess Cruises
- $912 & up -- 3-Nts. at Luxe Santiago Hotel using MasterCardW Santiago
- $119-$169 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $669 & up -- Sheraton Kona 3-Nt Escapes w/Air & CarPleasant Holidays
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxury Caribbean Cruises on Windstar, 50% OffWindstar Cruises