Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Beer Garden in Munich
This year marks the 200th anniversary of that seminal social pavilion, the beer garden. Don’t wait until Oktoberfest to celebrate. A brew-lined red carpet has been laid out in Munich, with events starting in late April and going through the summer, culminating with the fest in late September. Enjoy brewery festivals and tours, music, folk dancing, and plenty of bier!
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1745 & up -- Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Phuket 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $95 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan Hotel, Save 15%Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino
- $1538 & up -- Costa Rica: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Boat TourGreat Value Vacations
- $2106 & up -- Athens & Classical Greece Trip w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $1471* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand