Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Beer Garden in Munich
This year marks the 200th anniversary of that seminal social pavilion, the beer garden. Don’t wait until Oktoberfest to celebrate. A brew-lined red carpet has been laid out in Munich, with events starting in late April and going through the summer, culminating with the fest in late September. Enjoy brewery festivals and tours, music, folk dancing, and plenty of bier!
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $999 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $239 & up -- 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. Cayman IslandsCarnival Cruise Line
- $1141 & up -- Bahamas 5-Nt. Trip w/Air & Access to AtlantisApple Vacations
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $159 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $161 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston