Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Beer Garden in Munich
This year marks the 200th anniversary of that seminal social pavilion, the beer garden. Don’t wait until Oktoberfest to celebrate. A brew-lined red carpet has been laid out in Munich, with events starting in late April and going through the summer, culminating with the fest in late September. Enjoy brewery festivals and tours, music, folk dancing, and plenty of bier!
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $239 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $137* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $198 & up -- Aruba: 4-Star All-Incl. Sale w/Flight CreditBookIt.com