Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Beer Garden in Munich
This year marks the 200th anniversary of that seminal social pavilion, the beer garden. Don’t wait until Oktoberfest to celebrate. A brew-lined red carpet has been laid out in Munich, with events starting in late April and going through the summer, culminating with the fest in late September. Enjoy brewery festivals and tours, music, folk dancing, and plenty of bier!
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- 20% Off -- Ends 10/30: First Class Fare Sale on All RoutesVirgin America
- $335 & up -- Suite: 5-Star Beachfront Maui Resort, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale