Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Beer Garden in Munich
This year marks the 200th anniversary of that seminal social pavilion, the beer garden. Don’t wait until Oktoberfest to celebrate. A brew-lined red carpet has been laid out in Munich, with events starting in late April and going through the summer, culminating with the fest in late September. Enjoy brewery festivals and tours, music, folk dancing, and plenty of bier!
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $82* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WAir Canada
- $265 & up -- Riviera Maya: Uninhibited Adults-Only ResortHidden Beach Resort
- $893* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $75* & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $855* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand