Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Beer Garden in Munich
This year marks the 200th anniversary of that seminal social pavilion, the beer garden. Don’t wait until Oktoberfest to celebrate. A brew-lined red carpet has been laid out in Munich, with events starting in late April and going through the summer, culminating with the fest in late September. Enjoy brewery festivals and tours, music, folk dancing, and plenty of bier!
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $239 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 60%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $1049 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. 'Kids Stay Free' Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $2279* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $769 & up -- Cancun: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Escape w/AirApple Vacations