Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Beer Garden in Munich
This year marks the 200th anniversary of that seminal social pavilion, the beer garden. Don’t wait until Oktoberfest to celebrate. A brew-lined red carpet has been laid out in Munich, with events starting in late April and going through the summer, culminating with the fest in late September. Enjoy brewery festivals and tours, music, folk dancing, and plenty of bier!
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $2999 -- 20-Nt. China Vacation w/Yangtze River Cruise & AirChina National Tourism Office
- $4467* & up -- Business Fares for 2 on 5-Star Airline (O/W)ASAP Tickets
- $99-129 -- D.C.: Georgetown Hotel Over Holidays, Save 50%Washington Marriott Georgetown
- $91 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $115 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs