Luxury Selman Marrakech Hotel Opening May 1
Located five minutes from Marrakech’s vibrant Medina, Selman Marrakech, an ultra-luxurious boutique hotel opening on May 1, is set to distinguish itself from the pack of other extravagant Moroccan resorts—both of the established and soon-to-debut variety. Marrakech is experiencing a veritable hotel boom, with 19 new hotels expected to open by the end of 2012. But only the Selman Marrakech will offer a band of purebred Arabian horses (with their own designer stable, no less), in addition to dreamy Moorish design, elaborate artisan craftsmanship, and 56 couture rooms by French designer Jacques Garcia.
A luxury Arabian dude ranch doesn’t quite sum it up, but guests can expect a gorgeous setting on 15 acres of horse-grazing park land in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, 16 Arabian steeds ready for riding, the nonpareil Espace Vitalite Chenot spa, and several dining and drinking options, including a brasserie, Mediterranean restaurant, poolside lounge, and Pavilion Bar overlooking the horse’s paddocks. Five riads (Moroccan-style one- and two-bedroom houses) come with their own private gardens, heated pools, and butler service. As of now, summer rates are going for $304/night for a Superior Room; $517 for a Deluxe Atlas Suite. www.selman-marrakech.com
Thinking of a trip to Marrakech?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Marrakech Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Selman Marrakech
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $1170 & up -- Weeklong Irish Castle Escape w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $1654 & up -- Edinburgh: Luxe 5-Star Escape incl. AirGreat Value Vacations
- $699 -- Andes & South America 16-Night Cruise on PrincessPrincess Cruises
- $579 & up -- Punta Cana: 4-Star, All-Inclusive Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $152 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $115 -- Savannah 4-Star Resort incl. Room Upgrade, 50% OffWestin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa