Luxury Selman Marrakech Hotel Opening May 1
Located five minutes from Marrakech’s vibrant Medina, Selman Marrakech, an ultra-luxurious boutique hotel opening on May 1, is set to distinguish itself from the pack of other extravagant Moroccan resorts—both of the established and soon-to-debut variety. Marrakech is experiencing a veritable hotel boom, with 19 new hotels expected to open by the end of 2012. But only the Selman Marrakech will offer a band of purebred Arabian horses (with their own designer stable, no less), in addition to dreamy Moorish design, elaborate artisan craftsmanship, and 56 couture rooms by French designer Jacques Garcia.
A luxury Arabian dude ranch doesn’t quite sum it up, but guests can expect a gorgeous setting on 15 acres of horse-grazing park land in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, 16 Arabian steeds ready for riding, the nonpareil Espace Vitalite Chenot spa, and several dining and drinking options, including a brasserie, Mediterranean restaurant, poolside lounge, and Pavilion Bar overlooking the horse’s paddocks. Five riads (Moroccan-style one- and two-bedroom houses) come with their own private gardens, heated pools, and butler service. As of now, summer rates are going for $304/night for a Superior Room; $517 for a Deluxe Atlas Suite. www.selman-marrakech.com
Thinking of a trip to Marrakech?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Marrakech Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Selman Marrakech
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $129 & up -- Orlando: 4-Star Resort Inside Disney, Reg. $339BookIt.com
- $599 & up -- Cancun: 3-Nt. All-Incl. Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $549 & up -- 7-Day Cruise to Adriatic Sea & Italy w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $170 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel