Luxury Selman Marrakech Hotel Opening May 1
Located five minutes from Marrakech’s vibrant Medina, Selman Marrakech, an ultra-luxurious boutique hotel opening on May 1, is set to distinguish itself from the pack of other extravagant Moroccan resorts—both of the established and soon-to-debut variety. Marrakech is experiencing a veritable hotel boom, with 19 new hotels expected to open by the end of 2012. But only the Selman Marrakech will offer a band of purebred Arabian horses (with their own designer stable, no less), in addition to dreamy Moorish design, elaborate artisan craftsmanship, and 56 couture rooms by French designer Jacques Garcia.
A luxury Arabian dude ranch doesn’t quite sum it up, but guests can expect a gorgeous setting on 15 acres of horse-grazing park land in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, 16 Arabian steeds ready for riding, the nonpareil Espace Vitalite Chenot spa, and several dining and drinking options, including a brasserie, Mediterranean restaurant, poolside lounge, and Pavilion Bar overlooking the horse’s paddocks. Five riads (Moroccan-style one- and two-bedroom houses) come with their own private gardens, heated pools, and butler service. As of now, summer rates are going for $304/night for a Superior Room; $517 for a Deluxe Atlas Suite. www.selman-marrakech.com
Thinking of a trip to Marrakech?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Marrakech Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Selman Marrakech
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $499 & up -- Ends 9/2: Caribbean Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $135-$175 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $249 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, 20% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $251 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 10% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport