Luxury Selman Marrakech Hotel Opening May 1
Located five minutes from Marrakech’s vibrant Medina, Selman Marrakech, an ultra-luxurious boutique hotel opening on May 1, is set to distinguish itself from the pack of other extravagant Moroccan resorts—both of the established and soon-to-debut variety. Marrakech is experiencing a veritable hotel boom, with 19 new hotels expected to open by the end of 2012. But only the Selman Marrakech will offer a band of purebred Arabian horses (with their own designer stable, no less), in addition to dreamy Moorish design, elaborate artisan craftsmanship, and 56 couture rooms by French designer Jacques Garcia.
A luxury Arabian dude ranch doesn’t quite sum it up, but guests can expect a gorgeous setting on 15 acres of horse-grazing park land in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, 16 Arabian steeds ready for riding, the nonpareil Espace Vitalite Chenot spa, and several dining and drinking options, including a brasserie, Mediterranean restaurant, poolside lounge, and Pavilion Bar overlooking the horse’s paddocks. Five riads (Moroccan-style one- and two-bedroom houses) come with their own private gardens, heated pools, and butler service. As of now, summer rates are going for $304/night for a Superior Room; $517 for a Deluxe Atlas Suite. www.selman-marrakech.com
Thinking of a trip to Marrakech?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Marrakech Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Selman Marrakech
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand