Bali Emerges as Burgeoning Cruise Port; Book 5 Top Bali Cruises
The tropical Indonesian archipelago, with its staggering 17,508 isles spilling over with pristine beaches, lush vegetation, vibrant villages, and stuck-in-time temples, is primed for a seafaring discovery. The burgeoning port of Bali—set to receive close to 40 cruise ships in 2012—serves as the most prominent cruise ship call in the region, and appears to just be at the cusp of realizing its full cruise-port potential.
The Indonesian Ministry of Culture and Tourism has recently announced plans to prioritize the development of cruise tourism throughout the region, with the implementation of sweeping new cruise facilities and infrastructure. Foreign tourists arriving in Indonesia by cruise ship reportedly spiked from nearly 69,000 in 2009 to an anticipated 119,000 in 2012; ambitious plans are now underway to reach some half a million arrivals by 2016.
Bali is regularly incorporated on cruise itineraries highlighting other Indonesian ports, and sometimes, as segments of longer Southeast Asia or Australia-inclusive itineraries. Read on for a roundup of the top five Bali cruises to watch for in the coming 12 months.
Celebrity Debuts Asian Cruises: Sail from Singapore to Bali, More
Cruise Ship: Celebrity Millennium
Departure Date: January 6 or January 20, 2013
Cruise Duration: 14 nights
Ports of Call: Singapore; Lombok, Komodo, and Bali in Indonesia; Port Kelang and Penang, Malaysia; Phuket, Thailand
How Much: From $1,699/person
Book It: www.celebritycruises.com
Luxury Small-Ship Silversea Sailing from Bali to Singapore
Cruise Ship: Silver Shadow
Departure Date: February 15, 2013
Cruise Duration: 10 nights
Ports of Call: Bali, Lombok, Probolinggo, Semarang, Jakarta, and Bangka Island in Indonesia; Singapore
How Much: From $4,499/person
Book It: www.silversea.com
Seabourn Yacht Voyage from Singapore to Indonesia
Cruise Ship: Seabourn Odyssey
Departure Date: December 11, 2012
Cruise Duration: 10 nights
Ports of Call: Singapore; Semarang, Menyawakan, Surabaya, Java, Bali, and Lembar in Indonesia
How Much: From $4,599/person
Book It: www.seabourn.com
CruiseTour from Hong Kong to Bali on Voyages to Antiquity
Cruise Ship: Aegean Odyssey
Departure Date: January 11, 2013
CruiseTour Duration: 17 nights
Ports of Call: Hong Kong, China; Manila, Philippines; Sandakan, Malaysia; Pare Pare, Ujung Pandang, Lombok, and Bali in Indonesia
How Much: From $5,150/person, including three-night pre- and post- hotel stays in both Hong Kong and Bali
Book It: us.voyagestoantiquity.com
Luxe Sailing from Mumbai to Bali on Regent Seven Seas
Cruise Ship: Seven Seas Voyager
Departure Date: December 1, 2012
Cruise Duration: 18 nights
Ports of Call: Mumbai, Goa, New Mangalore, and Cochin in India; Malé, Maldives; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Phuket, Thailand; Penang and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Singapore; Semarang and Bali, Indonesia
How Much: From $10,350/person, including airfare
Book It: www.rssc.com
See what Fodor’s Community Members have to say about Bali and nearby cities. Explore the Indonesia forum for tips and ideas from fellow travelers, and share your stories!
Photo Credit: Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, Bali via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales