Chef Charlie Palmer Opens Mystic Hotel in San Francisco’s Union Square
Hot on the heels of another buzzworthy San Francisco hotel opening (we reported on the new Inn at the Presidio earlier in the week), Chef Charlie Palmer is set to debut the Mystic Hotel, located in San Francisco’s Union Square, later this spring. Palmer is also behind Sonoma’s Hotel Healdsburg and the in-the-works Charlie Palmer Hotel in Las Vegas. The newly renovated, Victorian-era property will, of course, come with a signature Palmer eatery. The Burritt Room, a speakeasy-style bar with designer cocktails, and the adjoining Burritt Tavern restaurant, helmed by Palmer’s Executive Chef Ashley Weaver, is set to debut in early April (before the hotel). The menu will comprise classic American dishes focused on locally sourced seasonal ingredients like Dungeness crab and West Coast oysters. The boutique’s 79 rooms are cozy (exposed brick walls and bay windows) with a glamorous edge (red splashes of color, Regency-style table lamps, mirrored headboards). Palmer is upping the luxury ante on the 16 junior suites; they may also have daybeds or pullout couches to accommodate families. Rates from $139 to $250/night; www.charliepalmer.com.
Thinking of a trip to San Francisco?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our San Francisco Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Mystic Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1446* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $224 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $179-$199 -- S.C. Hilton Head Island 4-Star Resort, 30% OffHilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
- $169 & up -- Seattle Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago