Chef Charlie Palmer Opens Mystic Hotel in San Francisco’s Union Square
Hot on the heels of another buzzworthy San Francisco hotel opening (we reported on the new Inn at the Presidio earlier in the week), Chef Charlie Palmer is set to debut the Mystic Hotel, located in San Francisco’s Union Square, later this spring. Palmer is also behind Sonoma’s Hotel Healdsburg and the in-the-works Charlie Palmer Hotel in Las Vegas. The newly renovated, Victorian-era property will, of course, come with a signature Palmer eatery. The Burritt Room, a speakeasy-style bar with designer cocktails, and the adjoining Burritt Tavern restaurant, helmed by Palmer’s Executive Chef Ashley Weaver, is set to debut in early April (before the hotel). The menu will comprise classic American dishes focused on locally sourced seasonal ingredients like Dungeness crab and West Coast oysters. The boutique’s 79 rooms are cozy (exposed brick walls and bay windows) with a glamorous edge (red splashes of color, Regency-style table lamps, mirrored headboards). Palmer is upping the luxury ante on the 16 junior suites; they may also have daybeds or pullout couches to accommodate families. Rates from $139 to $250/night; www.charliepalmer.com.
Thinking of a trip to San Francisco?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our San Francisco Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Mystic Hotel
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com