Chef Charlie Palmer Opens Mystic Hotel in San Francisco’s Union Square
Hot on the heels of another buzzworthy San Francisco hotel opening (we reported on the new Inn at the Presidio earlier in the week), Chef Charlie Palmer is set to debut the Mystic Hotel, located in San Francisco’s Union Square, later this spring. Palmer is also behind Sonoma’s Hotel Healdsburg and the in-the-works Charlie Palmer Hotel in Las Vegas. The newly renovated, Victorian-era property will, of course, come with a signature Palmer eatery. The Burritt Room, a speakeasy-style bar with designer cocktails, and the adjoining Burritt Tavern restaurant, helmed by Palmer’s Executive Chef Ashley Weaver, is set to debut in early April (before the hotel). The menu will comprise classic American dishes focused on locally sourced seasonal ingredients like Dungeness crab and West Coast oysters. The boutique’s 79 rooms are cozy (exposed brick walls and bay windows) with a glamorous edge (red splashes of color, Regency-style table lamps, mirrored headboards). Palmer is upping the luxury ante on the 16 junior suites; they may also have daybeds or pullout couches to accommodate families. Rates from $139 to $250/night; www.charliepalmer.com.
Thinking of a trip to San Francisco?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our San Francisco Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Mystic Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays