Chef Charlie Palmer Opens Mystic Hotel in San Francisco’s Union Square
Hot on the heels of another buzzworthy San Francisco hotel opening (we reported on the new Inn at the Presidio earlier in the week), Chef Charlie Palmer is set to debut the Mystic Hotel, located in San Francisco’s Union Square, later this spring. Palmer is also behind Sonoma’s Hotel Healdsburg and the in-the-works Charlie Palmer Hotel in Las Vegas. The newly renovated, Victorian-era property will, of course, come with a signature Palmer eatery. The Burritt Room, a speakeasy-style bar with designer cocktails, and the adjoining Burritt Tavern restaurant, helmed by Palmer’s Executive Chef Ashley Weaver, is set to debut in early April (before the hotel). The menu will comprise classic American dishes focused on locally sourced seasonal ingredients like Dungeness crab and West Coast oysters. The boutique’s 79 rooms are cozy (exposed brick walls and bay windows) with a glamorous edge (red splashes of color, Regency-style table lamps, mirrored headboards). Palmer is upping the luxury ante on the 16 junior suites; they may also have daybeds or pullout couches to accommodate families. Rates from $139 to $250/night; www.charliepalmer.com.
Thinking of a trip to San Francisco?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our San Francisco Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Mystic Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1812 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com
- $419 & up -- Bahamas Escape w/Atlantis Access & Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1958 & up -- Sydney & Cairns 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria