New Nobu Hotel to Debut at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas
Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, along with shareholders Robert De Niro and Meir Teper, are elbow-deep in design plans and decor details for the first-ever Nobu Hotel. The new hotel will take over the Centurion Tower of Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip (a hotel within a hotel, if you will). Architect and designer extraordinaire David Rockwell will head the overall design of interiors, as he has for many of Nobu’s restaurants. No real details have emerged yet on what the 180 rooms will look like, but we’re imagining Asian simplicity set off by some Rockwell drama—perhaps with some of the same warmth and textures found in De Niro’s Greenwich Hotel (also designed by Rockwell) thrown in. Nobu restaurant, the second in Vegas (there’s also one at the Hard Rock), will span some 11,200 square feet within the hotel and come with teppanyaki tables (kind of like hibachi), a private dining area, and a large lounge and bar. Opening date and rates to come next month . . .
Thinking of a trip to Las Vegas?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Las Vegas Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $299 -- Maui: Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 20%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $1359 & up -- Barcelona & Ibiza 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $69 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $199 -- St. Maarten 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $1049 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. 'Kids Stay Free' Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $139 & up -- Florida 4-Star Cape Coral Resort, 30% OffThe Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village