New Boutique Hotel in Panama City
Panama, one of our 21 Places to Go in 2012, is busy building—Trump Ocean Club, Hard Rock Hotel Panama, and Westin Playa Bonita are a few recent hotel additions. The latest is a fresh boutique in Panama City’s revitalized Casco Viejo (Old City). The UNESCO neighborhood is becoming a hot spot for boho-chic hotels, art galleries, buzzy restaurants, and tucked-away bars. The new Tántalo Hotel combines all four enticements.
Located in a former apartment building, the restored 13-suite property offers artist-designed guestrooms and inspiring exhibitions (like a 26-foot-wide live flora wall that stretches two stories high to the skylight atrium); Tántalo Kitchen, a lively communal-style tapas restaurant and lounge; and Enicma Roofbar, Casco Viejo’s first and only rooftop watering hole. Apartments-turned-spacious suites come with private terraces or balconies (overlooking the atrium courtyard or city and bay), sitting areas, and artsy adornments like photography, graffiti, or light boxes; some rooms have kitchenettes. Amenities include free bike rentals, Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, rooftop yoga classes, and access to a nearby gym. Tántalo Kitchen soft-opened in February; Tántalo Hotel opened March 16. Rates start from $200/night. www.tantalohotel.com
Thinking of a trip to Panama?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Panama Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Stuart Hooper
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $856 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Forest 6-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $77 & up -- Suite at North Myrtle Beach Resort, 40% OffBeach Cove Resort
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $7399 -- Luxury Mediterranean Cruise w/Excursions & R/T AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises