New Boutique Hotel in Panama City
Panama, one of our 21 Places to Go in 2012, is busy building—Trump Ocean Club, Hard Rock Hotel Panama, and Westin Playa Bonita are a few recent hotel additions. The latest is a fresh boutique in Panama City’s revitalized Casco Viejo (Old City). The UNESCO neighborhood is becoming a hot spot for boho-chic hotels, art galleries, buzzy restaurants, and tucked-away bars. The new Tántalo Hotel combines all four enticements.
Located in a former apartment building, the restored 13-suite property offers artist-designed guestrooms and inspiring exhibitions (like a 26-foot-wide live flora wall that stretches two stories high to the skylight atrium); Tántalo Kitchen, a lively communal-style tapas restaurant and lounge; and Enicma Roofbar, Casco Viejo’s first and only rooftop watering hole. Apartments-turned-spacious suites come with private terraces or balconies (overlooking the atrium courtyard or city and bay), sitting areas, and artsy adornments like photography, graffiti, or light boxes; some rooms have kitchenettes. Amenities include free bike rentals, Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, rooftop yoga classes, and access to a nearby gym. Tántalo Kitchen soft-opened in February; Tántalo Hotel opened March 16. Rates start from $200/night. www.tantalohotel.com
Thinking of a trip to Panama?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Panama Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Stuart Hooper
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1399 -- Ecuador: 7-Nt. Trip w/Amazon Tour & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $609 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, 55% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $123 & up -- Cancun Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $389 & up -- 4- and 5-Day Cruises to Canada & New EnglandCarnival Cruise Lines