New Boutique Hotel in Panama City
Panama, one of our 21 Places to Go in 2012, is busy building—Trump Ocean Club, Hard Rock Hotel Panama, and Westin Playa Bonita are a few recent hotel additions. The latest is a fresh boutique in Panama City’s revitalized Casco Viejo (Old City). The UNESCO neighborhood is becoming a hot spot for boho-chic hotels, art galleries, buzzy restaurants, and tucked-away bars. The new Tántalo Hotel combines all four enticements.
Located in a former apartment building, the restored 13-suite property offers artist-designed guestrooms and inspiring exhibitions (like a 26-foot-wide live flora wall that stretches two stories high to the skylight atrium); Tántalo Kitchen, a lively communal-style tapas restaurant and lounge; and Enicma Roofbar, Casco Viejo’s first and only rooftop watering hole. Apartments-turned-spacious suites come with private terraces or balconies (overlooking the atrium courtyard or city and bay), sitting areas, and artsy adornments like photography, graffiti, or light boxes; some rooms have kitchenettes. Amenities include free bike rentals, Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, rooftop yoga classes, and access to a nearby gym. Tántalo Kitchen soft-opened in February; Tántalo Hotel opened March 16. Rates start from $200/night. www.tantalohotel.com
Thinking of a trip to Panama?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Panama Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Stuart Hooper
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $139 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 40% OffSan Francisco Travel
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $139-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $224 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Summer, Reg. $400The Westin New York Times Square