Explore Our First-Ever "Best of Europe" Results
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Most of you said you vacationed in Europe recently, and nearly all of you are planning another trip back soon.
Across 18 categories, you chose your favorite destinations, generating lists ranked by travel interests like food and wine, where France and Italy led the way but were joined by newer discoveries like Austria’s Danube Valley and Croatia’s Istria. For arts and culture, there were traditional favorites like Florence and Paris, plus newcomers like Spain’s Granada, home to the Moorish Alhambra palace, and Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart.
Whether you're headed to Europe next week, or looking for new travel inspiration, dive into the exciting Best of Europe 2012 results to help you plan your next dream vacation to Europe.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- $4069 & up -- Southeast Asia Trip w/Cruise, $299 R/T AirAvalon Waterways
- $5999 -- Australia Outback & Sydney Trip w/Air & TrainAspire Down Under
- $1099 & up -- Ireland 7-Nt. 4-City Package w/Air & CarEuropeanDestinations.com
- $699 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $177 -- 4-Star Punta Cana Westin Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $6069 & up -- Myanmar Vacation w/Cruise, $299 R/T AirAvalon Waterways