Explore Our First-Ever "Best of Europe" Results
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Most of you said you vacationed in Europe recently, and nearly all of you are planning another trip back soon.
Across 18 categories, you chose your favorite destinations, generating lists ranked by travel interests like food and wine, where France and Italy led the way but were joined by newer discoveries like Austria’s Danube Valley and Croatia’s Istria. For arts and culture, there were traditional favorites like Florence and Paris, plus newcomers like Spain’s Granada, home to the Moorish Alhambra palace, and Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart.
Whether you're headed to Europe next week, or looking for new travel inspiration, dive into the exciting Best of Europe 2012 results to help you plan your next dream vacation to Europe.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $439 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Oceanfront Getaway, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $289 & up -- Bahamas Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $789 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line