Explore Our First-Ever "Best of Europe" Results
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Most of you said you vacationed in Europe recently, and nearly all of you are planning another trip back soon.
Across 18 categories, you chose your favorite destinations, generating lists ranked by travel interests like food and wine, where France and Italy led the way but were joined by newer discoveries like Austria’s Danube Valley and Croatia’s Istria. For arts and culture, there were traditional favorites like Florence and Paris, plus newcomers like Spain’s Granada, home to the Moorish Alhambra palace, and Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart.
Whether you're headed to Europe next week, or looking for new travel inspiration, dive into the exciting Best of Europe 2012 results to help you plan your next dream vacation to Europe.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $52 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel and Resort Spring SaleVisit Myrtle Beach
- $219-$259 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $169-$199 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort in Spring, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort
- $45* & up -- Alaska Airlines Fares from 32 U.S. Cities, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $116 & up -- Houston: Westin Oaks at the Galleria, Save $150The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $1062 & up -- St. Thomas 5-Night Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations