Explore Our First-Ever "Best of Europe" Results
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Most of you said you vacationed in Europe recently, and nearly all of you are planning another trip back soon.
Across 18 categories, you chose your favorite destinations, generating lists ranked by travel interests like food and wine, where France and Italy led the way but were joined by newer discoveries like Austria’s Danube Valley and Croatia’s Istria. For arts and culture, there were traditional favorites like Florence and Paris, plus newcomers like Spain’s Granada, home to the Moorish Alhambra palace, and Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart.
Whether you're headed to Europe next week, or looking for new travel inspiration, dive into the exciting Best of Europe 2012 results to help you plan your next dream vacation to Europe.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $104 -- 5-Star Luxury Punta Cana Resort & Casino w/Wi-FiBookIt.com
- $73 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $559 -- Cruise Two Continents: 15 Nights plus $100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $379 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand