Starwood Launches Round-the-Clock Check-In
One of the bigger drags in travel is that airline arrival times hardly ever seem to coordinate with most hotels' set check-in times. To arrive groggy and grimy from a long-haul flight and be denied access to some R & R in bed (with rooms traditionally held until 3pm) is just no way to start a trip. Thankfully, Starwood is setting some new rules when it comes to checking in, at least for their super-elite Platinum Starwood Preferred Guests. Their new Your24 policy allows Platinum SPG guests to ignore normally set check-in and checkout times in favor of whatever time they choose. Hallelujah.
We know what you’re thinking: How is this concept only now being introduced, and how do you achieve platinum status? Platinum SPG members entitled to Your24 are those who spend at least 75 nights at any Starwood Hotels in a calendar year. Starwood Hotels include brands Westin, St. Regis, W Hotels, The Luxury Collection, aloft, Le Meridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheratom, and Element. Still, that’s a toughie, even for the most avid travelers, but its certainly incentive to build up those Starpoints. We sure hope this is a trend that catches on and perhaps extends to us lowly, regular old SPG members, too. www.starwoodhotels.com
Photo Credit: Hotel Reception via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I have been an SPG member for years and have benefited from this numerous times, especially on red eyes - it is the best thing that can happen to you as a traveler, better than an upgrade!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $265 & up -- Riviera Maya: Uninhibited Adults-Only ResortHidden Beach Resort
- $169 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $119-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $210 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 30% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand