Starwood Launches Round-the-Clock Check-In
One of the bigger drags in travel is that airline arrival times hardly ever seem to coordinate with most hotels' set check-in times. To arrive groggy and grimy from a long-haul flight and be denied access to some R & R in bed (with rooms traditionally held until 3pm) is just no way to start a trip. Thankfully, Starwood is setting some new rules when it comes to checking in, at least for their super-elite Platinum Starwood Preferred Guests. Their new Your24 policy allows Platinum SPG guests to ignore normally set check-in and checkout times in favor of whatever time they choose. Hallelujah.
We know what you’re thinking: How is this concept only now being introduced, and how do you achieve platinum status? Platinum SPG members entitled to Your24 are those who spend at least 75 nights at any Starwood Hotels in a calendar year. Starwood Hotels include brands Westin, St. Regis, W Hotels, The Luxury Collection, aloft, Le Meridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheratom, and Element. Still, that’s a toughie, even for the most avid travelers, but its certainly incentive to build up those Starpoints. We sure hope this is a trend that catches on and perhaps extends to us lowly, regular old SPG members, too. www.starwoodhotels.com
Photo Credit: Hotel Reception via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I have been an SPG member for years and have benefited from this numerous times, especially on red eyes - it is the best thing that can happen to you as a traveler, better than an upgrade!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $2722 & up -- Rome & Florence Cooking Escape w/Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $109 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $599 & up -- Ends 10/14: Bermuda Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line