Starwood Launches Round-the-Clock Check-In
One of the bigger drags in travel is that airline arrival times hardly ever seem to coordinate with most hotels' set check-in times. To arrive groggy and grimy from a long-haul flight and be denied access to some R & R in bed (with rooms traditionally held until 3pm) is just no way to start a trip. Thankfully, Starwood is setting some new rules when it comes to checking in, at least for their super-elite Platinum Starwood Preferred Guests. Their new Your24 policy allows Platinum SPG guests to ignore normally set check-in and checkout times in favor of whatever time they choose. Hallelujah.
We know what you’re thinking: How is this concept only now being introduced, and how do you achieve platinum status? Platinum SPG members entitled to Your24 are those who spend at least 75 nights at any Starwood Hotels in a calendar year. Starwood Hotels include brands Westin, St. Regis, W Hotels, The Luxury Collection, aloft, Le Meridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheratom, and Element. Still, that’s a toughie, even for the most avid travelers, but its certainly incentive to build up those Starpoints. We sure hope this is a trend that catches on and perhaps extends to us lowly, regular old SPG members, too. www.starwoodhotels.com
Photo Credit: Hotel Reception via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I have been an SPG member for years and have benefited from this numerous times, especially on red eyes - it is the best thing that can happen to you as a traveler, better than an upgrade!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1453* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1175 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1140 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1119 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com