Starwood Launches Round-the-Clock Check-In
One of the bigger drags in travel is that airline arrival times hardly ever seem to coordinate with most hotels' set check-in times. To arrive groggy and grimy from a long-haul flight and be denied access to some R & R in bed (with rooms traditionally held until 3pm) is just no way to start a trip. Thankfully, Starwood is setting some new rules when it comes to checking in, at least for their super-elite Platinum Starwood Preferred Guests. Their new Your24 policy allows Platinum SPG guests to ignore normally set check-in and checkout times in favor of whatever time they choose. Hallelujah.
We know what you’re thinking: How is this concept only now being introduced, and how do you achieve platinum status? Platinum SPG members entitled to Your24 are those who spend at least 75 nights at any Starwood Hotels in a calendar year. Starwood Hotels include brands Westin, St. Regis, W Hotels, The Luxury Collection, aloft, Le Meridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheratom, and Element. Still, that’s a toughie, even for the most avid travelers, but its certainly incentive to build up those Starpoints. We sure hope this is a trend that catches on and perhaps extends to us lowly, regular old SPG members, too. www.starwoodhotels.com
Photo Credit: Hotel Reception via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I have been an SPG member for years and have benefited from this numerous times, especially on red eyes - it is the best thing that can happen to you as a traveler, better than an upgrade!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $3799 & up -- Australia: Ayers Rock & Sydney Escape w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $112 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 55%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $209-$259 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $119 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $1498* & up -- Fly to Australia: 6 Cities on Sale, R/TAir New Zealand