Starwood Launches Round-the-Clock Check-In
One of the bigger drags in travel is that airline arrival times hardly ever seem to coordinate with most hotels' set check-in times. To arrive groggy and grimy from a long-haul flight and be denied access to some R & R in bed (with rooms traditionally held until 3pm) is just no way to start a trip. Thankfully, Starwood is setting some new rules when it comes to checking in, at least for their super-elite Platinum Starwood Preferred Guests. Their new Your24 policy allows Platinum SPG guests to ignore normally set check-in and checkout times in favor of whatever time they choose. Hallelujah.
We know what you’re thinking: How is this concept only now being introduced, and how do you achieve platinum status? Platinum SPG members entitled to Your24 are those who spend at least 75 nights at any Starwood Hotels in a calendar year. Starwood Hotels include brands Westin, St. Regis, W Hotels, The Luxury Collection, aloft, Le Meridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheratom, and Element. Still, that’s a toughie, even for the most avid travelers, but its certainly incentive to build up those Starpoints. We sure hope this is a trend that catches on and perhaps extends to us lowly, regular old SPG members, too. www.starwoodhotels.com
Photo Credit: Hotel Reception via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I have been an SPG member for years and have benefited from this numerous times, especially on red eyes - it is the best thing that can happen to you as a traveler, better than an upgrade!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $619 -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises
- $80 & up -- Maryland: New Top-Rated Wellness Hotel, 20% OffEVEN Hotel Rockville
- $299 & up -- Ends 1/31: Caribbean Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $985 & up -- Waikiki 4-Star, 5-Night Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas