Discover a hidden room at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome
Up for a little treasure-hunting in Rome? Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic: the boudoir bedroom of Principessa Cornelia Costanza Barberini and her Colonna prince, created in 1728, is nearly unchanged from the wedding night. The low-hanging rooms are festooned in silk hangings, Japanese porcelains, and an antique baby carriage.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $7099 & up -- 4-Star Australia 11-Night Vacation w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 60%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $129-$169 -- Weekends at Atlanta 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffRenaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
- $1999 & up -- Escorted Vacations to Hong Kong, China & MacauHong Kong Tourism Board
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $199 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel