Discover a hidden room at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome
Up for a little treasure-hunting in Rome? Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic: the boudoir bedroom of Principessa Cornelia Costanza Barberini and her Colonna prince, created in 1728, is nearly unchanged from the wedding night. The low-hanging rooms are festooned in silk hangings, Japanese porcelains, and an antique baby carriage.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $649 & up -- Ends 12/2: Bermuda Cruises w/$250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $229 & up -- Ends 12/2: Caribbean Cruises w/$250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $849 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland