Discover a hidden room at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome
Up for a little treasure-hunting in Rome? Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic: the boudoir bedroom of Principessa Cornelia Costanza Barberini and her Colonna prince, created in 1728, is nearly unchanged from the wedding night. The low-hanging rooms are festooned in silk hangings, Japanese porcelains, and an antique baby carriage.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $149-$169 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 25%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $170 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
- $999 -- Ireland: 4-Night Dublin Escape in Fall w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $1100* & up -- Fly to Chile from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $1008 & up -- 8-Nt. Costa Rica Volcano, Forest & Beach w/AirTripMasters.com
- $139 & up -- Florida 4-Star Cape Coral Resort, 30% OffThe Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village