Discover a hidden room at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome
Up for a little treasure-hunting in Rome? Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic: the boudoir bedroom of Principessa Cornelia Costanza Barberini and her Colonna prince, created in 1728, is nearly unchanged from the wedding night. The low-hanging rooms are festooned in silk hangings, Japanese porcelains, and an antique baby carriage.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $629 & up -- Jamaica Beach Trip w/Air & Kids Free, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1446 & up -- Tuscany & Venice 6-Nt. Escape w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $49* & up -- Ends 12/18: Nationwide Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $1532 & up -- London: 4-Star Vacation w/Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations