Discover a hidden room at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome
Up for a little treasure-hunting in Rome? Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic: the boudoir bedroom of Principessa Cornelia Costanza Barberini and her Colonna prince, created in 1728, is nearly unchanged from the wedding night. The low-hanging rooms are festooned in silk hangings, Japanese porcelains, and an antique baby carriage.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Will 2015 Be the Year You Travel to Cuba?
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $90 & up -- Baja Mexico: Weekend Cruises to EnsenadaCarnival Cruise Line
- $161 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $72 & up -- OR: Portland Hotels on Sale Through SpringFeatured Destination: Portland
- $80 & up -- Weekends at Atlanta Hotel incl. Parking, 50% OffSheraton Atlanta Perimeter North Hotel
- $109 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $1439 & up -- 9-Nt. London, Edinburgh & Dublin Trip w/AirEuropeanDestinations.com