Discover a hidden room at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome
Up for a little treasure-hunting in Rome? Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic: the boudoir bedroom of Principessa Cornelia Costanza Barberini and her Colonna prince, created in 1728, is nearly unchanged from the wedding night. The low-hanging rooms are festooned in silk hangings, Japanese porcelains, and an antique baby carriage.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $109 -- Tampa Bay Suite at Waterfront Resort, 30% OffThe Resort & Club at Little Harbor
- $149-$169 -- Luxe Savannah Hotel into Spring, up to 55% OffMansion on Forsyth Park
- $619 & up -- Caribbean 6-Nt., All-Incl. Trip w/Air, $730 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $199-$249 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $224* & up -- Flights to Puerto Rico (Roundtrip)Puerto Rico Tourism Company
- $85 -- Scottsdale All-Suite Resort incl. Weekends & ParkingChaparral Suites Scottsdale