Discover a hidden room at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome
Up for a little treasure-hunting in Rome? Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic: the boudoir bedroom of Principessa Cornelia Costanza Barberini and her Colonna prince, created in 1728, is nearly unchanged from the wedding night. The low-hanging rooms are festooned in silk hangings, Japanese porcelains, and an antique baby carriage.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $116 & up -- Houston: Westin Oaks at the Galleria, Save $150The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $135 -- Weekends at Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel
- $30 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $99* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America
- $359 -- Luxe 4-Diamond Phoenix Resort, 4th Night FreeArizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel