Find out the proper way to greet French shopkeepers with this tip
While it used to be customary to formally greet shopkeepers in France with, "Bonjour, Madame," or "Bonjour, Mademoiselle," nowadays, to simply say "Bonjour" is fine. Of course, a little formality never hurt! Feel free to say "Bonjour, Madame" to a woman, or "Bonjour, Mademoiselle" to a teenage girl.
Thinking of a trip to France? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online France Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $711* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $289 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com