Enjoy the sounds of yesteryear at the National Museum of American History in Washington, DC, the world's only museum to use its antique instruments in performances.
Searching for an authentic historical music experience? The National Museum of American History in Washington, DC is the only museum in the world with an active program of using its historical musical instruments for live performances; the Smithsonian Chamber Music Society holds regular concerts.
Thinking of a trip to Washington, DC? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Washington, DC Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $1473* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1519 & up -- Singapore, Kuala Lumpur & Bali 6 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1538 & up -- Costa Rica: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Boat TourGreat Value Vacations
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama