Enjoy the sounds of yesteryear at the National Museum of American History in Washington, DC, the world's only museum to use its antique instruments in performances.
Searching for an authentic historical music experience? The National Museum of American History in Washington, DC is the only museum in the world with an active program of using its historical musical instruments for live performances; the Smithsonian Chamber Music Society holds regular concerts.
Thinking of a trip to Washington, DC? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Washington, DC Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 5 Reasons to Go to New Orleans Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado