Explore your family tree at the Port of Dreams in Hamburg, Germany
Genealogy buffs must check out the Port of Dreams: BallinStadt-Auswandererwelt Hamburg, in Hamburg, Germany. This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United States and elsewhere and invites visitors to research their own ancestors' migration history. Research assistants are available to help locate and track your ancestors.
Thinking of a trip to Germany? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Germany Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Washington State
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- $549 & up -- Ends 5/30: Bermuda Cruise w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $76-$93 -- SoCal: Rancho Mirage Hotel w/Free ParkingGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $4.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $209-$249 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $142 & up -- Vancouver 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, Save 55%The Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $1788 -- Escorted Ireland Trip incl. Dublin & Castle StayCIE Tours International