Explore your family tree at the Port of Dreams in Hamburg, Germany
Genealogy buffs must check out the Port of Dreams: BallinStadt-Auswandererwelt Hamburg, in Hamburg, Germany. This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United States and elsewhere and invites visitors to research their own ancestors' migration history. Research assistants are available to help locate and track your ancestors.
Thinking of a trip to Germany? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Germany Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- $646* & up -- Europe Fares from 5 Cities through Summer, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $1399 & up -- Luxe Ireland: 5-Star Vacation w/Car & AirAer Lingus Vacations
- $79 & up -- Waterville Valley, N.H. Hotel Sale up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $899 & up -- Cozumel: Weeklong 4-Star All-Incl. Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $732* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $2299 -- Italy: 4-Star Sicily 3-City Escorted Vacation w/AirGate 1 Travel