Explore your family tree at the Port of Dreams in Hamburg, Germany
Genealogy buffs must check out the Port of Dreams: BallinStadt-Auswandererwelt Hamburg, in Hamburg, Germany. This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United States and elsewhere and invites visitors to research their own ancestors' migration history. Research assistants are available to help locate and track your ancestors.
Thinking of a trip to Germany? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Germany Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- $180* & up -- Europe & Scandinavia Spring Fares, One-WayNorwegian Air Shuttle
- $2488 -- Luxe Ireland Castle Vacation w/Air & Car RentalAer Lingus Vacations
- $1499 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclusive Europe River Cruise, $2100 OffCMV River Cruises
- $109 -- Florida: Nature Coast Resort Near Tampa w/BreakfastPlantation on Crystal River
- $139 & up -- Maine: Downtown Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $89 & up -- OR: Portland Hotel Sale up to 45% OffTravel Portland