Spring Getaway Deals in the Northeast U.S.
If this premature spring flush already has you dreaming of weekends in the country, we've got good news for you: Early-season savings on hotel stays make it a cinch to get out of town this spring (and if the weather continues on its steady incline, you may experience prime beach weather as soon as April!). Check out these spring discounts in easy-access destinations for Northeasterners: Nantucket, Long Island wine country, and Atlantic City.
Nantucket Island Resorts
Nantucket Island Resorts has launched their "Hot Dates, Cool Rates" promotion—a perennial favorite of ours. It means if you’re flexible with your travel dates and you book early, you can snag rooms for over 50 percent off at one of their six choice properties in Nantucket. Case in point: the White Elephant Hotel Residences, comprised of luxurious one- to three-bedroom suites (which, we kid you not, run for $1,650/night on July weekends) is offering up rooms from $350/night on select dates in April, May, and June. The Wauwinet, a lovely Relais & Chateaux property nestled in between the Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean, is priced from $225/night for dates in early May; $275 for late May; and $295 for a block of June dates. Book any of the "Hot Dates, Cool Rates" and receive a dinner credit of up to $50, plus two $25 spa treatment credits. The Jared Coffin House and The Cottages & Lofts at the Boat Basin are also offering killer savings from $125/night and $175/night, respectively.
Book It: Call 800/475-2637 or visit www.nantucketislandresorts.com.
North Fork Wine Country, Long Island, New York
You can’t drive more than a mile or so on Long Island’s North Fork without passing a winery and its rolling vineyards. Spring is a great time to explore the area—also chockablock with farms, fruit and vegetable stands, and lavender fields—before the summer crowds and bachelorette buses roll in. The luxe Harborfront Inn, located in the quaint, maritime town of Greenport, is offering a great vineyard-hopping getaway through April 21. The "Grape Escape" package includes a Friday or Saturday overnight; a bottle of North Fork wine delivered to your room; a chauffeured car service for four hours to wineries Corey Creek, Lenz Winery, Raphael Vineyards, and Bedell Cellars; and complimentary breakfast. Rates go for $499 for two.
Book It: Call 631-477-0707 or visit www.theharborfrontinn.com.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
The beachfront Chelsea Hotel, the only non-gaming boutique hotel in Atlantic City, is a Jersey hot spot, thanks to its Fifth Floor bars and drink menu courtesy of the folks behind NYC’s (now closed) Beatrice Inn and Smith and Mills. Perhaps less known is its equally cool spa: The 10,000-foot Sea Spa comes with a saltwater pool and "Solarium," complete with a coed Jacuzzi, sauna, and steamroom, heated stone benches and bamboo floors. The "Sea Spa" package includes accommodations in the Luxe Tower or Annex, a $100 spa credit, and Solarium passes for two. Weekend deal rates go for $259/night in April and May.
Book It: Call 800/548-3030 or visit www.thechelsea-ac.com.
Photo Credit: courtesy Nantucket Island Resorts
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand