Two New York Hotels Debut this Month
We’re happy to report that two long-awaited New York hotels have finally announced March openings. Here’s a brief preview of what to expect from the NoMad and FiDi additions. P.S. Both locations give the local after-work crowd reason to stick around, especially come summer when those rooftops become hot spots.
The new The NoMad Hotel is scheduled for a soft-opening in late March (online reservations are accepting bookings for stays beginning May 1). The newbie, located next to the Ace, is yet another reason to gather in the hot NoMad neighborhood (the acronym stands for North of Madison Square Park). French designer Jacques Garcia has helped restore this Beaux-Arts looker, adding a modern sway to his classic Parisian style. All 168 rooms come with custom-designed furnishings and hand-picked artwork. A rooftop atrium and seasonal outdoor space will complement chef Daniel Humm’s modern brasserie. Rates from $295/night.
Twice delayed due to construction, The Conrad New York, is officially opening March 19. "Bigger is better" could certainly be the motto here. Located in the Financial District overlooking Battery Park, the luxury high-rise building features 463 guest suites (starting at a generous 430 square feet), a 15-story atrium lobby, a 13-floor art installation by renowned artist Sol LeWitt, a rooftop bar with far-stretching city views, plus three Danny Meyer restaurants, including Blue Smoke and Shake Shack. Rates from $219/night.
Thinking of a trip to New York City?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online New York City Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy The Conrad New York
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- $2699 & up -- Paris & Normandy River Cruise w/$299 R/T AirAvalon Waterways
- $69-$79 -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite incl. WeekendsSea Watch Resort
- $259 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 30%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $89-$129 -- N.C.: Outer Banks Oceanfront Hotel thru SpringRamada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Hotel
- $609 & up -- Punta Cana All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, Save $350CheapCaribbean.com
- $169 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort into Summer, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort