Princess Cruise Deal Offers Discounts on Alaskan Adventures
Princess Cruises recently launched a series of discounts on their popular Alaskan cruises. The "Denali on Sale" deal, which continues through March 15th, features Alaska tours starting from $799/person for a 10-night trip, with most trips saving travelers (on average) about $800/person off original prices.
The trips, which combine land and sea excursions, explore scenic destinations such as Denali National Park, coastal fishing towns, and Glacier Bay National Park. Some of the optional activities available include glacier hikes, white water rafting, kayaking, panning for gold, and even flightseeing trips by seaplane or helicopter. Travelers stay in Princess’ wilderness lodges while on land and have exclusive use of their rail-car service, a train with wrap-around glass ceilings for unobstructed views.
"We continually receive accolades for our Alaska experience, and this sale makes it more affordable than ever to take advantage of the fantastic vacations we provide in the Great Land," said Jan Swartz, executive vice president of Princess Cruises. Depending on your trip and ship preferences, you can choose from itineraries that include the newly-remodeled, 2,670-passenger Sapphire, Island, Diamond, or Coral Princess. Unlike a small-ship cruise, larger boats help add to the affordability of the experience.
While the summer season is busy for Alaskan cruising, the tour dates offer discounts starting in May and continuing through June and July. Late spring and early summer offer a drier climate with temperatures ranging from 50 to 60 degrees, when snow-capped mountains and waterfalls are bound to be plentiful. Some of those icy caps will melt when late summer crawls in with warmer temperatures reaching up to 70-80 degrees.
For more information on fares and travel dates available, visit the Princess website or call 800/774-6237. Sale prices are valid through March 15, 2012.
Thinking of a trip to Alaska?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Alaska Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Princess Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1541 & up -- Fiji Islands & Auckland 6 Nts. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $1199 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1275 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7 Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com