InterContinental Hotel Group Launches EVEN Hotels
Last week, InterContinental Hotel Group announced plans for its new health-focused hotel brand, EVEN Hotels. The affordable, wellness hotels are designed to make it easy for guests to maintain a healthy lifestyle while on the road. The revolutionary concept is a far cry from your typical fancy-shmancy spa and wellness resort. Instead, these urban hotels will turn wellness travel mainstream by offering simple solutions to basic health needs at a price point comparable to a Courtyard or Four Points.
Locations have yet to be disclosed but Vice President of IHG New Business Development, Christian Hempell, tells us they’re looking at major city markets like New York, the DC area, San Francisco, and Los Angeles for the first EVEN outposts.
All guest rooms will be equipped for a full-circuit workout, while hotel gyms will provide complimentary classes and some sort of outdoor training area. Healthy eating will be promoted with a grab-and-go natural market onsite and free filtered water in refillable glass bottles. Guest rooms will have a comfortable work space, free in-room Wi-Fi and multimedia ports, as well as comfy beds, hypoallergenic linens, and LED light dimmers—all to ensure efficient productivity and ample rest. The first EVEN Hotels are expected to open in 2013.
Photo Credit: Courtesy InterContinental Hotels Group
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways