InterContinental Hotel Group Launches EVEN Hotels
Last week, InterContinental Hotel Group announced plans for its new health-focused hotel brand, EVEN Hotels. The affordable, wellness hotels are designed to make it easy for guests to maintain a healthy lifestyle while on the road. The revolutionary concept is a far cry from your typical fancy-shmancy spa and wellness resort. Instead, these urban hotels will turn wellness travel mainstream by offering simple solutions to basic health needs at a price point comparable to a Courtyard or Four Points.
Locations have yet to be disclosed but Vice President of IHG New Business Development, Christian Hempell, tells us they’re looking at major city markets like New York, the DC area, San Francisco, and Los Angeles for the first EVEN outposts.
All guest rooms will be equipped for a full-circuit workout, while hotel gyms will provide complimentary classes and some sort of outdoor training area. Healthy eating will be promoted with a grab-and-go natural market onsite and free filtered water in refillable glass bottles. Guest rooms will have a comfortable work space, free in-room Wi-Fi and multimedia ports, as well as comfy beds, hypoallergenic linens, and LED light dimmers—all to ensure efficient productivity and ample rest. The first EVEN Hotels are expected to open in 2013.
Photo Credit: Courtesy InterContinental Hotels Group
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Depatment of Tourism
- $110 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Spring, $440 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $619* & up -- Europe Fare Sale from across the U.S. (R/T)Lufthansa
- $59* & up -- Spring Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, One WayAlaska Airlines