InterContinental Hotel Group Launches EVEN Hotels
Last week, InterContinental Hotel Group announced plans for its new health-focused hotel brand, EVEN Hotels. The affordable, wellness hotels are designed to make it easy for guests to maintain a healthy lifestyle while on the road. The revolutionary concept is a far cry from your typical fancy-shmancy spa and wellness resort. Instead, these urban hotels will turn wellness travel mainstream by offering simple solutions to basic health needs at a price point comparable to a Courtyard or Four Points.
Locations have yet to be disclosed but Vice President of IHG New Business Development, Christian Hempell, tells us they’re looking at major city markets like New York, the DC area, San Francisco, and Los Angeles for the first EVEN outposts.
All guest rooms will be equipped for a full-circuit workout, while hotel gyms will provide complimentary classes and some sort of outdoor training area. Healthy eating will be promoted with a grab-and-go natural market onsite and free filtered water in refillable glass bottles. Guest rooms will have a comfortable work space, free in-room Wi-Fi and multimedia ports, as well as comfy beds, hypoallergenic linens, and LED light dimmers—all to ensure efficient productivity and ample rest. The first EVEN Hotels are expected to open in 2013.
Photo Credit: Courtesy InterContinental Hotels Group
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com