Take a secret shortcut in Mallorca
If you're driving to Sóller from Palma de Majorca on the island of Mallorca, take the tunnel (€4.45) at Alfàbia, rather than the road over the mountains. The latter is spectacular—lemon and olive trees on stone-walled terraces, farmhouses perched on the edges of forested cliffs—but demanding. But don't worry about missing out—there are even more picturesque mountain roads ahead.
Thinking of a trip to Spain? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Spain Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
can someone tell me if u need a driving license to hire a 50cc motor bike/moped in spain
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1599 -- Alaska 11-Night Cruise & Hotel Package, Save $860CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $146 -- Wisconsin: Water Park Resort Suite thru SummerTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $69 & up -- Orlando Resort Sale through Summer, Save 50%Visit Orlando
- $69 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into Fall, O/WVirgin America