Take a secret shortcut in Mallorca
If you're driving to Sóller from Palma de Majorca on the island of Mallorca, take the tunnel (€4.45) at Alfàbia, rather than the road over the mountains. The latter is spectacular—lemon and olive trees on stone-walled terraces, farmhouses perched on the edges of forested cliffs—but demanding. But don't worry about missing out—there are even more picturesque mountain roads ahead.
Thinking of a trip to Spain? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Spain Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
can someone tell me if u need a driving license to hire a 50cc motor bike/moped in spain
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best Doughnut Shops in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods