Take a secret shortcut in Mallorca
If you're driving to Sóller from Palma de Majorca on the island of Mallorca, take the tunnel (€4.45) at Alfàbia, rather than the road over the mountains. The latter is spectacular—lemon and olive trees on stone-walled terraces, farmhouses perched on the edges of forested cliffs—but demanding. But don't worry about missing out—there are even more picturesque mountain roads ahead.
Thinking of a trip to Spain? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Spain Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
can someone tell me if u need a driving license to hire a 50cc motor bike/moped in spain
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $129-$149 -- Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, Save $200The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $127 & up -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- $191 & up -- LA: Hotel Near Universal Studios, 35% OffSheraton Universal Hotel
- $3525 -- Kenya Land-Only Safari incl. Masai MaraAfrican Travel, Inc.
- $198 & up -- Bahamas: 4-Star All-Incl. Beach Resort, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $72 & up -- OR: Portland Hotels on Sale Through SpringFeatured Destination: Portland