Take a secret shortcut in Mallorca
If you're driving to Sóller from Palma de Majorca on the island of Mallorca, take the tunnel (€4.45) at Alfàbia, rather than the road over the mountains. The latter is spectacular—lemon and olive trees on stone-walled terraces, farmhouses perched on the edges of forested cliffs—but demanding. But don't worry about missing out—there are even more picturesque mountain roads ahead.
Thinking of a trip to Spain? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Spain Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
can someone tell me if u need a driving license to hire a 50cc motor bike/moped in spain
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $649 -- Exotic Caribbean Cruises w/Tips & Unlimited DrinksAvoya Travel
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $119 -- D.C. 4-Star Georgetown Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Graham Georgetown