Cool off in Rome with this sweet treat
Looking for a sweet treat to beat the heat? Locals line up in droves at the kiosk of "La Gratachecca del 1915" (near Isola Tiberina's bridge, the Ponte Cestio) for the most scrumptious frozen ices—more refreshing than gelato—in Rome.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $4467* & up -- Business Fares for 2 on 5-Star Airline (O/W)ASAP Tickets
- $1149 & up -- 6-Nt. Paris & Rome Vacation w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $297* & up -- Cheap Flights to Aruba (Roundtrip, incl. Tax)Aruba Tourism Authority
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
- $289 & up -- 4-Star Times Square Hotel, 10% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- $125 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites