Cool off in Rome with this sweet treat
Looking for a sweet treat to beat the heat? Locals line up in droves at the kiosk of "La Gratachecca del 1915" (near Isola Tiberina's bridge, the Ponte Cestio) for the most scrumptious frozen ices—more refreshing than gelato—in Rome.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $98 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Resort, Save 65%Westin Snowmass Resort
- $134-$143 -- Colombia: 4-Star Bogota Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Bogota Hotel
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $91 -- Jamaica: Suite at 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $159 -- Caribbean 5-Night Cruise on Princess w/$50 CreditPrincess Cruises
- $1761 & up -- Costa Rica 7-Nt. Eco-Adventure w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations