Cool off in Rome with this sweet treat
Looking for a sweet treat to beat the heat? Locals line up in droves at the kiosk of "La Gratachecca del 1915" (near Isola Tiberina's bridge, the Ponte Cestio) for the most scrumptious frozen ices—more refreshing than gelato—in Rome.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $169 & up -- Cancun: 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Spa CreditBookIt.com
- $1169 -- New Zealand: Wellington & Napier Food & Wine TripTravelscene
- $299 & up -- Ends 1/31: Caribbean Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $67-$69 -- Orlando Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Kids Eat Free, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas