Find out where to see Old Masters in Munich
Munich has a number of museums and galleries to entice one’s artistic sensibilities. With numerous works from Europe’s Old Masters, the Alte Pinakothek holds one of the most significant art collections in the world. Most of the picture captions are in German, so consider renting an English audio guide, although the audio tour does not cover every painting.
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $972* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $4549 -- Australia Outback, Reef & Melbourne Escape w/AirAspire Down Under
- $139 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Spain & FranceNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139 -- Fort Lauderdale 4-Star Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% OffSonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
- $99 -- Phoenix-Area 4-Star Resort incl. Weekends, 55% OffSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $2275 & up -- 9-Nt. Prague, Vienna & Budapest Trip w/ToursTrafalgar Tours