Find out where to see Old Masters in Munich
Munich has a number of museums and galleries to entice one’s artistic sensibilities. With numerous works from Europe’s Old Masters, the Alte Pinakothek holds one of the most significant art collections in the world. Most of the picture captions are in German, so consider renting an English audio guide, although the audio tour does not cover every painting.
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beach Getaways for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $659 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $999 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $1399 -- Queenstown & Christchurch Adventure w/Tours & CarTravelscene
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $1199 -- NZ: South Island Wine & Wildlife Trip w/CarTravelscene
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America