Find out where to see Old Masters in Munich
Munich has a number of museums and galleries to entice one’s artistic sensibilities. With numerous works from Europe’s Old Masters, the Alte Pinakothek holds one of the most significant art collections in the world. Most of the picture captions are in German, so consider renting an English audio guide, although the audio tour does not cover every painting.
Thinking of a trip to Munich? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Munich Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- $639 & up -- Jamaica 4-Star, All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $410CheapCaribbean.com
- $167 & up -- 4-Star Westin NYC-Area Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $139 & up -- Maine: Downtown Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $850* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $55 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanview Suite, Save 35%Hotel Blue
- $153 & up -- Vancouver 4-Star Hotel w/$1 ParkingThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver