Play safely on Costa Rica's beaches with this tip
Enjoy the beaches of Costa Rica safely. Take great care at beaches that drop off steeply as you enter the water. This is an indicator not only of large waves that crash straight onto the shore but also of strong currents. Watch what the locals are doing before you venture out into the waves&whether you're swimming or surfing.
Thinking of a trip to Costa Rica? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $89 -- 4-Star Orlando Resort through Summer w/Wi-Fi, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $119 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $239 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 60%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $72 & up -- Phoenix Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago