Play safely on Costa Rica's beaches with this tip
Enjoy the beaches of Costa Rica safely. Take great care at beaches that drop off steeply as you enter the water. This is an indicator not only of large waves that crash straight onto the shore but also of strong currents. Watch what the locals are doing before you venture out into the waves&whether you're swimming or surfing.
Thinking of a trip to Costa Rica? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $439 & up -- Ends 9/19: Caribbean Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $135-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $199 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $2199 -- Hong Kong, China & Macau Trip w/Air, Save $3000Macau Government Tourist Office