Play safely on Costa Rica's beaches with this tip
Enjoy the beaches of Costa Rica safely. Take great care at beaches that drop off steeply as you enter the water. This is an indicator not only of large waves that crash straight onto the shore but also of strong currents. Watch what the locals are doing before you venture out into the waves&whether you're swimming or surfing.
Thinking of a trip to Costa Rica? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- $1654 & up -- Edinburgh: Luxe 5-Star Escape incl. AirGreat Value Vacations
- $91 -- Jamaica: Suite at 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $375 & up -- Cancun 3-Night Vacations incl. Air, Save $250Pleasant Holidays
- $629 & up -- Cozumel All-Incl. Escape w/Air; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $119-$169 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America