Learn to perform this lucky ritual the right way
Everyone knows the famous legend that if you throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain you will ensure a return trip to the Eternal City. Be sure to do the ritual the right way: Toss a coin with your right hand over your left shoulder (or left hand over your right shoulder), with your back to the fountain.
Thinking of a trip to Rome? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Rome Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $299 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $724* & up -- Global Fare Sale on Award-Winning Airline, R/TTurkish Airlines
- $899 -- Oceanview: Bermuda 7-Nt. Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $3015* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line