Pay what you want at the Whitney in New York City
As an alternative (or along with) a visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, consider walking a few blocks south to the Whitney Museum in New York City. After 6 pm on Friday, the price of admission is pay-what-you-wish. On some of those nights the Whitney Live series presents new artists and reinterpretations of American classics. Be forewarned that this attractive combination often results in long lines.
Thinking of a trip to New York City? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online New York City Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $3199 & up -- China: 5-Star, 20-Night Tour w/Cruise & AirSinorama Holidays
- $779 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $1049 -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCelebrity Cruises