Pay what you want at the Whitney in New York City
As an alternative (or along with) a visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, consider walking a few blocks south to the Whitney Museum in New York City. After 6 pm on Friday, the price of admission is pay-what-you-wish. On some of those nights the Whitney Live series presents new artists and reinterpretations of American classics. Be forewarned that this attractive combination often results in long lines.
Thinking of a trip to New York City? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online New York City Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $319 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $5499 -- 7-Night Luxury All-Incl. Mediterranean Cruise w/AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $144-$154 -- Suite: 4-Star All-Incl. Jamaica Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona