Pay what you want at the Whitney in New York City
As an alternative (or along with) a visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, consider walking a few blocks south to the Whitney Museum in New York City. After 6 pm on Friday, the price of admission is pay-what-you-wish. On some of those nights the Whitney Live series presents new artists and reinterpretations of American classics. Be forewarned that this attractive combination often results in long lines.
Thinking of a trip to New York City? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online New York City Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $1229 & up -- Prague, Vienna & Budapest 7-Nts. w/Air & TrainTripMasters.com
- $109 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $850* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $247 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fall Fare Sale, One WayVirgin America