W Paris–Opéra Debuts in Paris
The Starwood Hotels group is adding a French touch to its trendy chain with yesterday's opening of the W Paris–Opéra hotel, marking the debut of the W brand in France. Located in the 9th Arrondissement, the hotel is neighbor to iconic Parisian sites like the Opéra Garnier, Galeries Lafayette, and Place Vendôme.
"Taking the W brand into Paris, a global fashion capital, marks a true milestone in W's global expansion into the world's most exciting and vibrant destinations," says Eva Ziegler, rep for W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien. "Fashionable global jet-setters can now be on the runway with W from New York to London and Paris. Unique lifestyle programming within a cutting-edge, designed environment will bring a new, distinctive experience to Paris and the Parisians alike."
Conceptualized by W Global Brand Designs and Rockwell Group Europe, the design scheme is meant to evoke "Paris as the 'City of Light' and W Hotels' DNA by infusing New York's dynamism and never-ending energy into the quintessentially sophisticated Parisian neighborhood." W Paris–Opéra features 91 guestrooms, including 20 suites and two Extreme WOW Suites (think Presidential)—rooms come with iPod docking stations, W's plush signature beds, and bathrooms equipped with rain forest showers; ask for one with views of the opera house. Michelin-starred chef Sergi Arola brings Spanish influence into the restaurant Arola, serving tapas and entrées on shared platters. The lobby area doubles as the W Lounge—a social area where guests can mix and mingle over house-made cocktails and tapas while taking in views of the Opéra Garnier. Rates start from $474/night; www.wparisopera.com.
Thinking of a trip to Paris?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Paris Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy W Paris–Opéra
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $216 & up -- Miami Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $629 & up -- 5-Nt. All-Inclusive Jamaica Trip, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $929 & up -- Caribbean 4-Night 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $116 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Hotel Downtown, Save 55%Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $1940 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com
- $3847 & up -- Greece: 9-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Island CruiseGreat Value Vacations