W Paris–Opéra Debuts in Paris
The Starwood Hotels group is adding a French touch to its trendy chain with yesterday's opening of the W Paris–Opéra hotel, marking the debut of the W brand in France. Located in the 9th Arrondissement, the hotel is neighbor to iconic Parisian sites like the Opéra Garnier, Galeries Lafayette, and Place Vendôme.
"Taking the W brand into Paris, a global fashion capital, marks a true milestone in W's global expansion into the world's most exciting and vibrant destinations," says Eva Ziegler, rep for W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien. "Fashionable global jet-setters can now be on the runway with W from New York to London and Paris. Unique lifestyle programming within a cutting-edge, designed environment will bring a new, distinctive experience to Paris and the Parisians alike."
Conceptualized by W Global Brand Designs and Rockwell Group Europe, the design scheme is meant to evoke "Paris as the 'City of Light' and W Hotels' DNA by infusing New York's dynamism and never-ending energy into the quintessentially sophisticated Parisian neighborhood." W Paris–Opéra features 91 guestrooms, including 20 suites and two Extreme WOW Suites (think Presidential)—rooms come with iPod docking stations, W's plush signature beds, and bathrooms equipped with rain forest showers; ask for one with views of the opera house. Michelin-starred chef Sergi Arola brings Spanish influence into the restaurant Arola, serving tapas and entrées on shared platters. The lobby area doubles as the W Lounge—a social area where guests can mix and mingle over house-made cocktails and tapas while taking in views of the Opéra Garnier. Rates start from $474/night; www.wparisopera.com.
Thinking of a trip to Paris?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Paris Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy W Paris–Opéra
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $235 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $980 & up -- Beijing & Shanghai 6-Nt. Vacation w/AirTripMasters.com
- $209 -- Maui: 4-Diamond Beachfront Resort, Kids Stay FreeBookIt.com
- $1008 & up -- 8-Nt. Costa Rica Volcano, Forest & Beach w/AirTripMasters.com
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $999 & up -- Maui: 5-Nt. Trip w/Hawaiian Activities & AirApple Vacations