W Paris–Opéra Debuts in Paris
The Starwood Hotels group is adding a French touch to its trendy chain with yesterday's opening of the W Paris–Opéra hotel, marking the debut of the W brand in France. Located in the 9th Arrondissement, the hotel is neighbor to iconic Parisian sites like the Opéra Garnier, Galeries Lafayette, and Place Vendôme.
"Taking the W brand into Paris, a global fashion capital, marks a true milestone in W's global expansion into the world's most exciting and vibrant destinations," says Eva Ziegler, rep for W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien. "Fashionable global jet-setters can now be on the runway with W from New York to London and Paris. Unique lifestyle programming within a cutting-edge, designed environment will bring a new, distinctive experience to Paris and the Parisians alike."
Conceptualized by W Global Brand Designs and Rockwell Group Europe, the design scheme is meant to evoke "Paris as the 'City of Light' and W Hotels' DNA by infusing New York's dynamism and never-ending energy into the quintessentially sophisticated Parisian neighborhood." W Paris–Opéra features 91 guestrooms, including 20 suites and two Extreme WOW Suites (think Presidential)—rooms come with iPod docking stations, W's plush signature beds, and bathrooms equipped with rain forest showers; ask for one with views of the opera house. Michelin-starred chef Sergi Arola brings Spanish influence into the restaurant Arola, serving tapas and entrées on shared platters. The lobby area doubles as the W Lounge—a social area where guests can mix and mingle over house-made cocktails and tapas while taking in views of the Opéra Garnier. Rates start from $474/night; www.wparisopera.com.
Thinking of a trip to Paris?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Paris Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy W Paris–Opéra
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $119 -- D.C. 4-Star Georgetown Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Graham Georgetown
- $165 & up -- Bermuda Hotel Sale w/Free Nights, up to 65% OffBermuda Tourism Authority
- $84 & up -- Weekends at D.C.-Area 4-Star Hotel incl. ParkingSheraton Tysons Hotel
- $1486* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand