Best City Hotels for Yoga
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
Morgans Hotels in New York
The Morgans group and its New York City hotels (Hudson, Royalton, and Morgans; the Mondrian SoHo not included) have partnered with fitness-favorite Equinox. Guests staying at any of these properties receive complimentary daily passes to the gym (with various nearby locations), which means a daily lineup of reliable yoga classes to choose from (classes are covered with the day pass).
Independent yoga studio 889 Yoga opened its second location in the Thompson Toronto offering hotel guests easy access to over 30 classes weekly, like challenging athletic flow yoga, hot detox yoga, and even pre- and post-natal yoga. The popular Toronto-based studios charge $18.58 for a drop-in class; $80 for a five-pack; the same fees apply to guests at the hotel.
The Standard Miami
Unlike The Standard hotels in New York and Los Angeles, the Miami outpost comes with a spa (and an amazing one at that), and with it, a surprisingly solid yoga program. Six types of yoga (including Skanda and martial arts-and-yoga-combo Budokon) and monthly weekend yoga retreats (which include classes, accommodations, spa treatments, and more) led by in-demand instructors like April Martucci draw a toned crowd. While hotel guests have free access to the spa and its sweet hammam, they do have to pay the standard yoga class fee of $18.
Photo Credit: People at the Gym via Shutterstock
Member Comments (3) Post a Comment
This is the best yoga retreat I've ever done, they do a relaxing and amazing yoga trip in Bali next february 2015, where the scenery is unique.
The guys are also amazing, you can check out:
The list seems great! personally I believe 889 Yoga is one of the best yoga studios in Toronto. Specially instructor Kim's passion in yoga lies in connecting with others, and sharing techniques that encourage physical and psychological growth and healing.
The best place for practice YOGA is in peruvian amazon. There is a special place call KAPIEVI. KAPIEVI is a little family ecovillage with a special area on the top of the tree for practice YOGA with the jungle energy. http://www.tambopataecotours.com/stays-kapievi.html
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $195 & up -- 4-Diamond Hotel in Times Square, Save 40%Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
- $119 -- D.C. 4-Star Georgetown Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Graham Georgetown
- $7.48 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $474 -- Celebrity 4-Night Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet