Paris's Best Boutiques for Spring Handbags
Say goodbye to the ubiquitous hobo bag: This spring, sleek, structured handbags in fresh colors are popping up in Paris's most fashionable districts. These four standout boutiques offer some of the city's best handbags, many of which can only be found in Paris.
Moynat: Classic Luxury Updated
Move over Vuitton and Goyard, the gleaming Moynat boutique is Paris's newest luxury destination. Grande dame of 19th-century Paris luggage makers, Pauline Moynat famously combined innovation with high style. The revived label evokes the best of her work adding elegant modern touches. Take the two-toned Quattro tote; fully reversible in gorgeously detailed leather, this supple yet durable bag offers both utility and style. This is the only Moynat shop in the world, a great excuse for a quick trip to Paris. 348 rue Saint Honoré; moynat.com
Tila March: Cosmopolitan Sleek for Women on the Go
Open for barely a year, the sleek Tila March boutique near Saint Sulpice quickly became catnip for super-stylish Parisians on the go. Designed by an ex fashion editor who knows exactly what the cosmopolitan woman wants, these sophisticated daytime bags and totes in durable nubuck suede sport classy leather closures and come in an array of dreamy hues—periwinkle, peppermint, mustard, and cocoa. The superb shoes and sandals are icing on the cake. 24 rue Saint Sulpice; tilamarch.com
Avril Gau: Versatility with Retro Touches
Avril Gau designed for the big boys—Robert Clergerie, Chanel, Loewe, Stephane Kélian—before opening her romantic shop on boutique-lined rue des Quatre Vents. With modish shapes and streamlined clasps, these versatile bags have subtly retro appeal. The fetching midsize Renee sports a curved flap in alternating buttery calfskin and suede; in cognac and bold coral, it makes an elegant statement. With stylish shoes, sandals and boots, small leather goods, and some jewelry also on offer, the work of hunting down top fashion finds is pretty much done for you. 17 rue des Quatre Vents; avrilgau.com
Philippe Roucou: Red Carpet-Worthy Elegance
On super-chic rue Charonne, Philippe Roucou channels muses from dance and cinema for some of the most gorgeous bags in Paris. Mixing calf, lamb, raffia, and beautiful shades of python—like dusty rose or pale silver—the totes and day and evening bags are a mix of elegant and sexy. A ruched clutch in black lambskin goes seamlessly from day to night; in aqua or fuchsia python, attached to a wide wristband via a delicate gold chain, it's borderline naughty. Whether sporting black spheres, gold shell casings, or teal rooster feathers, the tiny Isadora is always the most glamorous bag on the red carpet. 30 rue de Charonne; philipperoucou.com
Thinking of a trip to Paris?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Paris Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: Paris Shopping Woman via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I love this insider knowledge!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- $639 & up -- Jamaica 4-Star, All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $410CheapCaribbean.com
- $1125 & up -- Ireland Spring Vacations, up to $300 OffTourism Ireland
- $89 & up -- Puerto Rico Hotel Deals for Spring up to 50% OffPuerto Rico Tourism Company
- $77 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Spa Passes, Save 45%Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
- $79 & up -- New Hampshire Hotel Deals, up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $258 & up -- Ireland Trips & Castle Stays, Save up to $480Featured Destination: Ireland