Bright New Saguaro Palm Springs Debuts
Joie de Vivre’s bright new boutique brand Saguaro debuted its second property in Palm Springs earlier this month. Much like its sister property, The Saguaro Scottsdale, the Palm Springs outpost flaunts a psychedelic rainbow color scheme inspired by the desert’s indigenous wildflowers. Located in the Coachella Valley in what was formerly a Holiday Inn, The Sauguaro’s mid-century modern bones have been sheathed in a kaleidoscope of vibrant hues (pinks, yellows, blues, greens)—a cheery display bound to beat off those winter blues. Backed by the San Jacinto Mountains, the three-story complex surrounds a colorful courtyard pool (yellow loungers and umbrellas, orange towels, pink tables) and houses 245 rooms that overlook East Canyon Drive, the mountains, or the pool. All have a bright color scheme (we couldn’t help but think of Skittles), sitting areas, handcrafted furniture, and outdoor patios or step-out balconies.
Best of all, rates are super affordable. Case in point: The "Girls Just Wanna Have Sun" package, available through April, includes accommodations, a sun survival kit, a $50 pool bar credit, and a $100 spa credit, and goes for just $129/night (three-night minimum stay required). www.jdvhotels.com
Thinking of a trip to Palm Springs?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Palm Springs Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Saguaro Palm Springs
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $75 & up -- Ocean View Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffThe Caribbean Resort & Villas
- $2199 -- Luxe Tahiti 7-Night Cruise w/$300 Credit, $1200 OffWindstar Cruises
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Cruise to Key West & Cozumel, $240 offRoyal Caribbean
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $1649 & up -- Aruba 7-Night All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $55 & up -- SoCal: Santa Clarita Hotel Deals up to 50% OffVisit Santa Clarita