Bright New Saguaro Palm Springs Debuts
Joie de Vivre’s bright new boutique brand Saguaro debuted its second property in Palm Springs earlier this month. Much like its sister property, The Saguaro Scottsdale, the Palm Springs outpost flaunts a psychedelic rainbow color scheme inspired by the desert’s indigenous wildflowers. Located in the Coachella Valley in what was formerly a Holiday Inn, The Sauguaro’s mid-century modern bones have been sheathed in a kaleidoscope of vibrant hues (pinks, yellows, blues, greens)—a cheery display bound to beat off those winter blues. Backed by the San Jacinto Mountains, the three-story complex surrounds a colorful courtyard pool (yellow loungers and umbrellas, orange towels, pink tables) and houses 245 rooms that overlook East Canyon Drive, the mountains, or the pool. All have a bright color scheme (we couldn’t help but think of Skittles), sitting areas, handcrafted furniture, and outdoor patios or step-out balconies.
Best of all, rates are super affordable. Case in point: The "Girls Just Wanna Have Sun" package, available through April, includes accommodations, a sun survival kit, a $50 pool bar credit, and a $100 spa credit, and goes for just $129/night (three-night minimum stay required). www.jdvhotels.com
Thinking of a trip to Palm Springs?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Palm Springs Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Saguaro Palm Springs
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Where to Eat in San Antonio, Texas
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
- 8 Reasons to Visit Philadelphia for the Holidays
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways