Exclusive Deal at Trendy Fierro Hotel in Buenos Aires
The seemingly spring-like weather of late has got us all longing for summer, which is why a trip to Buenos Aires right now is more appealing than ever. It’s 80 degrees and sunny in the Argentine capital. Translation: alfresco dining at world-class cafes, tango in the streets, and cold Quilmes cervezas (when you break from Malbec, of course). Best of all, even though it’s high season, we’ve brokered a deal just for Fodors.com readers at one of the city’s foremost designer boutiques.
The Deal: Opened in late 2010, the Fierro Hotel is a chic little den tucked into the hip Palermo Hollywood (a nabe one may liken to New York’s Lower East Side). Buzzy restaurant Hernán Gipponi sits behind the petite lobby and goes beyond beef with an adventurous menu of molecular fare: prawns with turnips and jasmine tea, rack of lamb in red wine, and vanilla gel with fruits and edible flowers. The restaurant, and its outdoor patio and grassy nook, also serves an elegant breakfast (yogurt with fruit, pastries, eggs du jour), which is included in the rate. The 27 spacious guestrooms come with comfortable sitting areas, Juliet or full-size balconies, hardwood floors, and contemporary furnishings. Lots of light, thanks to floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors, offset the fierce red, black, and gray color scheme. Despite its teeny proportions, the rooftop pool is awfully tempting in the hot summer months (when temps can climb into the 90s). Fodors.com readers can save 10 percent off regular rates this March.
Expert Tip: Spend a Sunday at the Feria de Plaza Dorrego (street fair) in San Telmo for antique shopping and tango showdowns.
The Details: Discounted rates start from $170/night for a Superior Suite; $205/night for a Balcony Suite. Offer is valid for stays through March. Book through www.fierrohotel.com with code FOD2012.
Thinking of a trip to Buenos Aires?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Buenos Aires Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3895 & up -- Luxe 10-Nt. Bora Bora & Moorea Trip w/AirTahiti.com
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $2349 -- Australia 4-Star Adventure w/Air & Tours, Save $710Artisan Traveler
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk