New Affordable LA Outpost by the Paligroup
Paligroup’s second LA darling opened February 1 on shopper-friendly Melrose Avenue. Following the success of Palihouse Holloway in West Hollywood, the boutique Palihotel Melrose Avenue sticks to the same code: Bohemian cool at value prices. The look is vintage chic—public spaces come adorned with a mess of equestrian memorabilia, eclectic knickknacks, hexagonal tile floors, and vintage art. The cafe-style Palikitchen sits off the lobby and serves coffee and paninis; a small massage parlor upstairs doles out Thai massages ($50 for an hour rub; $35 for 30 minutes); and a blow-dry bar (opening in March) will keep your hair looking fabulous. All 32 rooms come swathed in dark woods with deep turquoise walls, distressed furniture, and have free Wi-Fi; some have balconies. Rack rates start from $250/night; pali-hotel.com.
Thinking of a trip to Los Angeles?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Los Angeles Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Palihotel Melrose
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $679 & up -- Ends 1/31: Alaska Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $329 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $659 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com