Start the Iditarod right with this Alaskan tip
If you're in Anchorage, Alaska today for the official start of the 2012 Iditarod, be sure to expand your mind at the Anchorage Museum. This is no just-in-case-of-a-rainy-day attraction. There's no better way to deepen your understanding of the state's history, people, and, thanks to an impressive collection of paintings and photographs, beauty.
Thinking of a trip to Alaska? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Alaska Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $1439 & up -- 9-Nt. London, Edinburgh & Dublin Trip w/AirEuropeanDestinations.com
- $171 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $152 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $80 & up -- Maryland: New Top-Rated Wellness Hotel, 20% OffEVEN Hotel Rockville
- $218 & up -- Oahu: 4-Star North Shore Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $199-$249 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 45%Sheraton Nashville Downtown