Start the Iditarod right with this Alaskan tip
If you're in Anchorage, Alaska today for the official start of the 2012 Iditarod, be sure to expand your mind at the Anchorage Museum. This is no just-in-case-of-a-rainy-day attraction. There's no better way to deepen your understanding of the state's history, people, and, thanks to an impressive collection of paintings and photographs, beauty.
Thinking of a trip to Alaska? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Alaska Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $165 & up -- Bermuda Hotel Sale w/Free Nights, up to 65% OffBermuda Tourism Authority
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $1449 & up -- 'Worlds Best' Luxury Sailings on WindstarWindstar Cruises