Start the Iditarod right with this Alaskan tip
If you're in Anchorage, Alaska today for the official start of the 2012 Iditarod, be sure to expand your mind at the Anchorage Museum. This is no just-in-case-of-a-rainy-day attraction. There's no better way to deepen your understanding of the state's history, people, and, thanks to an impressive collection of paintings and photographs, beauty.
Thinking of a trip to Alaska? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Alaska Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fall Fare Sale, One WayVirgin America
- $112 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 55%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $99-129 -- D.C.: Georgetown Hotel Over Holidays, Save 50%Washington Marriott Georgetown
- $1999 & up -- Escorted Vacations to Hong Kong, China & MacauHong Kong Tourism Board
- $247 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston