Start the Iditarod right with this Alaskan tip
If you're in Anchorage, Alaska today for the official start of the 2012 Iditarod, be sure to expand your mind at the Anchorage Museum. This is no just-in-case-of-a-rainy-day attraction. There's no better way to deepen your understanding of the state's history, people, and, thanks to an impressive collection of paintings and photographs, beauty.
Thinking of a trip to Alaska? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Alaska Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $700* & up -- South America Business Fares from U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $11.66 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $116 & up -- Houston: Westin Oaks at the Galleria, Save $150The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $123-$181 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue
- $5399 & up -- Europe 14-Nt. Summer River Cruise, $1000 OffAvalon Waterways
- $1597* & up -- Business Class Flights to Europe, RoundtripSkylux Travel