Start the Iditarod right with this Alaskan tip
If you're in Anchorage, Alaska today for the official start of the 2012 Iditarod, be sure to expand your mind at the Anchorage Museum. This is no just-in-case-of-a-rainy-day attraction. There's no better way to deepen your understanding of the state's history, people, and, thanks to an impressive collection of paintings and photographs, beauty.
Thinking of a trip to Alaska? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Alaska Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $249 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $115 -- Playa Del Carmen Adult-Only Escape, Save 30%Deseo [Hotel + Lounge]
- $139 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Spain & FranceNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129-$189 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue
- $555 & up -- Hawaii: All Island 3-Night Trips w/Air & CarPleasant Holidays
- $279 & up -- 4-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Key West & CozumelCarnival Cruise Line