Find a less crowded archaelogical site in Mexico with this tip
The archaeological site at Cobá in Mexico is often overlooked by visitors who opt for better-known Tulum. This site is less crowded, giving you a chance to immerse yourself in ancient culture. If you plan on walking, expect to cover anywhere between 5 and 6 km (3 and 4 mi).
Thinking of a trip to Mexico? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Mexico Travel Guide.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
There's a reason why all the peolpe go to tulum, and better-known has nothing to do with it.
Good guide and this would be helpful for those who are fond of travelling.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1562 & up -- Iceland Holiday Trip w/Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations
- $599 & up -- Ends 7/26: Alaska Cruise Sale w/Onboard SpendNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- Grand Cayman Escape w/Breakfast & Air, $360 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $469 & up -- 7-Night Bahamas Cruise on NorwegianAmerican Express Travel
- $799 & up -- 4-Nt. Turks & Caicos Getaway w/Air, $210 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $199 & up -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Seattle Hotel