Find a less crowded archaelogical site in Mexico with this tip
The archaeological site at Cobá in Mexico is often overlooked by visitors who opt for better-known Tulum. This site is less crowded, giving you a chance to immerse yourself in ancient culture. If you plan on walking, expect to cover anywhere between 5 and 6 km (3 and 4 mi).
Thinking of a trip to Mexico? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Mexico Travel Guide.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
There's a reason why all the peolpe go to tulum, and better-known has nothing to do with it.
Good guide and this would be helpful for those who are fond of travelling.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $99 & up -- Atlanta Hotel Sale incl. Weekends, Save 40%Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $1006 & up -- Aruba: 4-Star Casino Resort Vacation w/AirfareApple Vacations
- $989 & up -- Aruba Beach Vacations incl. AirAruba Tourism Authority
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $569 & up -- Mexican Riviera 6-Day Cruise w/Oceanview CabinCarnival Cruise Lines