Find out which Bonaire souvenirs have to be left on the island
After a trip to beautiful Bonaire, you'll surely want snag some mementos of your time on the island. Well, buy as many flamingo T-shirts as you want, but don't take home items made of goatskin or tortoiseshell; they aren't allowed into the United States. Remember, too, that it's forbidden to take sea fans, coral, conch shells, and all other forms of marine life off the island.
Thinking of a trip to Bonaire? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Bonaire Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $129 -- Weekends at Portland 4-Star Boutique Hotel w/ValetTravel Portland
- $99* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America
- $899* & up -- Asia Fare Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/TSingapore Airlines
- $11.66 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Bermuda Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1499 -- 7-Night French River Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises