Find out which Bonaire souvenirs have to be left on the island
After a trip to beautiful Bonaire, you'll surely want snag some mementos of your time on the island. Well, buy as many flamingo T-shirts as you want, but don't take home items made of goatskin or tortoiseshell; they aren't allowed into the United States. Remember, too, that it's forbidden to take sea fans, coral, conch shells, and all other forms of marine life off the island.
Thinking of a trip to Bonaire? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Bonaire Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $789 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- Ends 12/2: Bermuda Cruises w/$250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxury Caribbean Cruises on Windstar, 50% OffWindstar Cruises
- $1349 -- Balcony: Alaska Cruise w/All Drinks & $600 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $2865 & up -- Australia 6-City Land Only Trip incl. UluruSpringboard Vacations
- $1999 -- Dubai & India 9-Night Trip w/Air & Tours, Save $775Friendly Planet Travel