Find out which Bonaire souvenirs have to be left on the island
After a trip to beautiful Bonaire, you'll surely want snag some mementos of your time on the island. Well, buy as many flamingo T-shirts as you want, but don't take home items made of goatskin or tortoiseshell; they aren't allowed into the United States. Remember, too, that it's forbidden to take sea fans, coral, conch shells, and all other forms of marine life off the island.
Thinking of a trip to Bonaire? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Bonaire Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $529 & up -- Ends 4/25: Canada & New England Cruise w/CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $949 & up -- 8-Nt. Cruise incl. Aruba, Curacao & Grand TurkCarnival Cruise Lines
- $1267 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $2441 & up -- France: Burgundy & Provence River CruiseAvalon Waterways
- $909 & up -- Greece: Escorted Athens Land-Only Trip w/CruiseApple Vacations
- $139-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa