Find out which Bonaire souvenirs have to be left on the island
After a trip to beautiful Bonaire, you'll surely want snag some mementos of your time on the island. Well, buy as many flamingo T-shirts as you want, but don't take home items made of goatskin or tortoiseshell; they aren't allowed into the United States. Remember, too, that it's forbidden to take sea fans, coral, conch shells, and all other forms of marine life off the island.
Thinking of a trip to Bonaire? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Bonaire Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $7399 -- Luxury Mediterranean Cruise w/Excursions & R/T AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $769 & up -- 4-Night Riviera Maya Escape w/Air, $200 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1049 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. 'Kids Stay Free' Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort
- $72 & up -- Phoenix Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com