Find out which Bonaire souvenirs have to be left on the island
After a trip to beautiful Bonaire, you'll surely want snag some mementos of your time on the island. Well, buy as many flamingo T-shirts as you want, but don't take home items made of goatskin or tortoiseshell; they aren't allowed into the United States. Remember, too, that it's forbidden to take sea fans, coral, conch shells, and all other forms of marine life off the island.
Thinking of a trip to Bonaire? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Bonaire Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1119 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Greek Isles Cruise, Save $330Royal Caribbean
- $1751 & up -- Thailand 4-City 8-Nt. Trip w/Air & TransfersTripMasters.com
- $135 & up -- Seattle: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton Seattle Hotel
- $1395 & up -- 9-Night Oahu, Maui & Kauai Vacation w/AirTripMasters.com
- $116 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 65%The Westin Chicago River North
- $110 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago