Find out which Bonaire souvenirs have to be left on the island
After a trip to beautiful Bonaire, you'll surely want snag some mementos of your time on the island. Well, buy as many flamingo T-shirts as you want, but don't take home items made of goatskin or tortoiseshell; they aren't allowed into the United States. Remember, too, that it's forbidden to take sea fans, coral, conch shells, and all other forms of marine life off the island.
Thinking of a trip to Bonaire? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Bonaire Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- $530* & up -- Flights to Ecuador from the U.S. (Roundtrip)LAN
- $2799 -- 10-Night Alaska Cruise w/Tips, $200 Credit & AirOceania Cruises
- $2799 -- Luxe 8-Night Italy, Croatia & Greece Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises
- $174 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 45%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $179-$229 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel into Summer, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $89 -- DE: Dewey Beach Bayfront Hotel w/Breakfast, 40% OffHyatt Place Dewey Beach