Discover where to find religious artwork in Mexico
Five blocks from the main plaza in Valladolid on the Yucatán sits the 500-year-old monastery Ex-Convento y Iglesia San Bernadino. If the priest is around, ask him to show you the 16th-century frescoes, protected behind curtains near the altarpiece, for some early examples of native representations of Christian saints.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $8.89 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $3015* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $899 -- Oceanview: Bermuda 7-Nt. Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $25-$47 -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fare Sale; Ends 10/2Amtrak
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Sale thru 2015 on Top Airline, O/WAlaska Airlines