Know where to look for this colorful Costa Rican native
Costa Rica is known for its variety of wildlife, but you might need to seek out some of the shyer species. The vibrantly colored red-eyed tree frog sometimes rests on the underside of large jungle leaves; gently turn a few leaves over as you're hiking and take a peek. You might get lucky.
Thinking of a trip to Costa Rica? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $199 -- Hawaii: 4-Star Kauai Beachfront Resort, $110 OffKauai Marriott Resort
- $159 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism