Honor our nation's founders at this historic plantation site
Celebrate Presidents Day today with a trip to the plantation home of our third Commander-in-Chief, Thomas Jefferson. Located outside Charlottesville, Virginia, Monticello offers guided tours, beautiful gardens and grounds, and two miles of hiking and biking trails. Learn about plantation life in the early years of our country’s existence, and after, wine and dine your way through downtown Charlottesville.
Thinking of a trip to Virginia? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Virginia Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $459 & up -- 4-Star Bahamas Beach Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland