Honor our nation's founders at this historic plantation site
Celebrate Presidents Day today with a trip to the plantation home of our third Commander-in-Chief, Thomas Jefferson. Located outside Charlottesville, Virginia, Monticello offers guided tours, beautiful gardens and grounds, and two miles of hiking and biking trails. Learn about plantation life in the early years of our country’s existence, and after, wine and dine your way through downtown Charlottesville.
Thinking of a trip to Virginia? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Virginia Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $378 & up -- Hawaii Fare Sale from West Coast (Roundtrip)Hawaiian Airlines
- $119-$149 -- CA: Sonoma Wine Country Hotel incl. WeekendsDoubleTree Sonoma Wine Country
- $149 & up -- 4-Star Midtown Manhattan Westin, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $219 & up -- 4-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Key West & CozumelCarnival Cruise Line
- $59 & up -- Suite: 5-Star Vegas Hotel into Spring, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $143 & up -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis