Abercrombie & Kent to Sail Luxe Arctic Expedition in 2013
By Elissa Richard
Luxury tour provider Abercrombie & Kent has announced an Arctic cruise adventure worth planning ahead for. The company will be hosting an expedition voyage aboard the 199-passenger MV Le Boreal for a 2013 foray into polar bear country. Guests will enjoy stunning views from private balconies in every cabin and a technologically-advanced stabilizing system (key for navigating the Arctic’s rough seas).
The itinerary incorporates trips to the pristine landscapes of soaring glaciers and snow-topped mountains in Norway’s Svalbard archipelago, Greenland (including stops at traditional Inuit villages), and Iceland (where you’ll view the extinct volcano of Snaefellsjokull before disembarking in Reykjavik). Apart from the star attraction—polar bears roaming the ice ridge—wildlife enthusiasts can expect encounters with walrus, musk oxen, and exotic birds like puffin and eider. Shore excursions will be lead by an expert team of naturalists, geologists, historians, marine biologists, ornithologists, and photographers, who will also present onboard lectures and provide insight into the cruise region.
Sign up for "An Arctic Cruise Adventure: Polar Bear Country" for a summer departure on July 15 (returns July 30)—prime time for exploring the flora and fauna of the region under the midnight sun—from Longyearbyen (the embarkation point in Spitsbergen, Norway) to Reykjavik, Iceland. Rates on the 15-night journey start a pricey $11,995 per person (book by March 31 to knock five percent off), and include one-night pre-cruise accommodations in Oslo, a charter flight to Longyearbyen, twice-daily shore and zodiac excursions, most beverages, and gratuities.
Photo credit: Nathalie Michel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $229 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand