Silversea Cruises Serves Up Slow Food Tours of Tuscany
By Elissa Richard
Ultra-luxe, all-suite cruise line Silversea is cooking up a new "Slow Food Adventure in Tuscany" program in partnership with Slow Food Italy. The exclusive three-night foodie-friendly tours will be featured on a trio of select Mediterranean sailings in April and October as either pre- or post-cruise land options, offering guests an opportunity for lip-smacking immersion in Tuscany’s culinary and cultural traditions. Expect expert guidance from members of Silversea’s culinary team, a cooking class, and visits to local producers of wine and food products (with vineyards, olive groves, and dairy farms galore), all of which adhere to the Slow Food movement principles of sustainability and preservation of gastronomic traditions. Apply your knowledge of ingredients and wines acquired on land back onboard the ship in La Terrazza, Silversea’s Italian specialty restaurant (also developed in collaboration with Slow Food Italy).
The program departs from Rome and includes accommodations at Il Borgo, a high-end hotel nestled on the acclaimed vineyard estate of Castello Banfi. Rates for the 3-night program start at $3,599 per guest (based on double occupancy) and include lodging, transportation, guided sightseeing, and some meals.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Silversea Cruises
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers