Silversea Cruises Serves Up Slow Food Tours of Tuscany
By Elissa Richard
Ultra-luxe, all-suite cruise line Silversea is cooking up a new "Slow Food Adventure in Tuscany" program in partnership with Slow Food Italy. The exclusive three-night foodie-friendly tours will be featured on a trio of select Mediterranean sailings in April and October as either pre- or post-cruise land options, offering guests an opportunity for lip-smacking immersion in Tuscany’s culinary and cultural traditions. Expect expert guidance from members of Silversea’s culinary team, a cooking class, and visits to local producers of wine and food products (with vineyards, olive groves, and dairy farms galore), all of which adhere to the Slow Food movement principles of sustainability and preservation of gastronomic traditions. Apply your knowledge of ingredients and wines acquired on land back onboard the ship in La Terrazza, Silversea’s Italian specialty restaurant (also developed in collaboration with Slow Food Italy).
The program departs from Rome and includes accommodations at Il Borgo, a high-end hotel nestled on the acclaimed vineyard estate of Castello Banfi. Rates for the 3-night program start at $3,599 per guest (based on double occupancy) and include lodging, transportation, guided sightseeing, and some meals.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Silversea Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $869 & up -- Punta Cana: 4.5-Star All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $249 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand