Silversea Cruises Serves Up Slow Food Tours of Tuscany
By Elissa Richard
Ultra-luxe, all-suite cruise line Silversea is cooking up a new "Slow Food Adventure in Tuscany" program in partnership with Slow Food Italy. The exclusive three-night foodie-friendly tours will be featured on a trio of select Mediterranean sailings in April and October as either pre- or post-cruise land options, offering guests an opportunity for lip-smacking immersion in Tuscany’s culinary and cultural traditions. Expect expert guidance from members of Silversea’s culinary team, a cooking class, and visits to local producers of wine and food products (with vineyards, olive groves, and dairy farms galore), all of which adhere to the Slow Food movement principles of sustainability and preservation of gastronomic traditions. Apply your knowledge of ingredients and wines acquired on land back onboard the ship in La Terrazza, Silversea’s Italian specialty restaurant (also developed in collaboration with Slow Food Italy).
The program departs from Rome and includes accommodations at Il Borgo, a high-end hotel nestled on the acclaimed vineyard estate of Castello Banfi. Rates for the 3-night program start at $3,599 per guest (based on double occupancy) and include lodging, transportation, guided sightseeing, and some meals.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Silversea Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $799 & up -- Alaska 10-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $239 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 60%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $2279* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $139 & up -- Florida 4-Star Cape Coral Resort, 30% OffThe Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand