Belgraves Opens in London: Thompson's First European Hotel
London is one of our top 21 places to go in 2012, with the Summer Olympics on the way. And the opening of Belgraves London earlier this week means travelers planning a trip to the city have another exciting lodging option, with rates starting at $525 per night.
Located in London's chic Belgravia neighborhood, the Belgraves is the first European property for Thompson Hotels, which opened its first hotel in New York, 60 Thompson, about a decade ago. A string of small luxury properties in major U.S. cities followed, including Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Chicago, plus its sole Canadian property in Toronto.
The Belgraves has 85 rooms and suites, with wooden floors painted a steely, cool gray, and walls done in aubergine. Bathrooms are mostly gray and white with marble, and are stocked with products from the luxury British line Penhaligon.
The Belgrave's restaurant, Hix Belgravia, is on the hotel's mezzanine, and features a global menu inspired by food writer Mark Hix. Connected to the restaurant is Mark's Bar, which leads to an outdoor, "cigar garden," a heated terrace where guests and buy and smoke cigars.
Thinking of a trip to London?
For the best planning information and more, check out our online London Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy Belgraves London
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com