Belgraves Opens in London: Thompson's First European Hotel
London is one of our top 21 places to go in 2012, with the Summer Olympics on the way. And the opening of Belgraves London earlier this week means travelers planning a trip to the city have another exciting lodging option, with rates starting at $525 per night.
Located in London's chic Belgravia neighborhood, the Belgraves is the first European property for Thompson Hotels, which opened its first hotel in New York, 60 Thompson, about a decade ago. A string of small luxury properties in major U.S. cities followed, including Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Chicago, plus its sole Canadian property in Toronto.
The Belgraves has 85 rooms and suites, with wooden floors painted a steely, cool gray, and walls done in aubergine. Bathrooms are mostly gray and white with marble, and are stocked with products from the luxury British line Penhaligon.
The Belgrave's restaurant, Hix Belgravia, is on the hotel's mezzanine, and features a global menu inspired by food writer Mark Hix. Connected to the restaurant is Mark's Bar, which leads to an outdoor, "cigar garden," a heated terrace where guests and buy and smoke cigars.
Thinking of a trip to London?
For the best planning information and more, check out our online London Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy Belgraves London
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $2199 & up -- World's Best Luxury Sailings up to $1000 OffWindstar Cruises
- $1599 -- Ireland: 5-Star Vacation w/Four Season From ChicagoAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $149 & up -- 'Sun & Fun' Cruise Sale w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1549 -- Ireland: 5-Star Vacation w/Four Season From BostonAer Lingus Vacation Store