Belgraves Opens in London: Thompson's First European Hotel
London is one of our top 21 places to go in 2012, with the Summer Olympics on the way. And the opening of Belgraves London earlier this week means travelers planning a trip to the city have another exciting lodging option, with rates starting at $525 per night.
Located in London's chic Belgravia neighborhood, the Belgraves is the first European property for Thompson Hotels, which opened its first hotel in New York, 60 Thompson, about a decade ago. A string of small luxury properties in major U.S. cities followed, including Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Chicago, plus its sole Canadian property in Toronto.
The Belgraves has 85 rooms and suites, with wooden floors painted a steely, cool gray, and walls done in aubergine. Bathrooms are mostly gray and white with marble, and are stocked with products from the luxury British line Penhaligon.
The Belgrave's restaurant, Hix Belgravia, is on the hotel's mezzanine, and features a global menu inspired by food writer Mark Hix. Connected to the restaurant is Mark's Bar, which leads to an outdoor, "cigar garden," a heated terrace where guests and buy and smoke cigars.
Thinking of a trip to London?
For the best planning information and more, check out our online London Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy Belgraves London
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort with Waterpark, Save 20%SeaCrest Oceanfront Resort
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $64 & up -- Savannah Hotels, B&Bs and Inns on Sale, 60% OffVisit Savannah
- $134-$143 -- Colombia: 4-Star Bogota Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Bogota Hotel
- $1761 & up -- Costa Rica 7-Nt. Eco-Adventure w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations