Belgraves Opens in London: Thompson's First European Hotel
London is one of our top 21 places to go in 2012, with the Summer Olympics on the way. And the opening of Belgraves London earlier this week means travelers planning a trip to the city have another exciting lodging option, with rates starting at $525 per night.
Located in London's chic Belgravia neighborhood, the Belgraves is the first European property for Thompson Hotels, which opened its first hotel in New York, 60 Thompson, about a decade ago. A string of small luxury properties in major U.S. cities followed, including Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Chicago, plus its sole Canadian property in Toronto.
The Belgraves has 85 rooms and suites, with wooden floors painted a steely, cool gray, and walls done in aubergine. Bathrooms are mostly gray and white with marble, and are stocked with products from the luxury British line Penhaligon.
The Belgrave's restaurant, Hix Belgravia, is on the hotel's mezzanine, and features a global menu inspired by food writer Mark Hix. Connected to the restaurant is Mark's Bar, which leads to an outdoor, "cigar garden," a heated terrace where guests and buy and smoke cigars.
Thinking of a trip to London?
For the best planning information and more, check out our online London Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy Belgraves London
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2015
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015