Belgraves Opens in London: Thompson's First European Hotel
London is one of our top 21 places to go in 2012, with the Summer Olympics on the way. And the opening of Belgraves London earlier this week means travelers planning a trip to the city have another exciting lodging option, with rates starting at $525 per night.
Located in London's chic Belgravia neighborhood, the Belgraves is the first European property for Thompson Hotels, which opened its first hotel in New York, 60 Thompson, about a decade ago. A string of small luxury properties in major U.S. cities followed, including Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Chicago, plus its sole Canadian property in Toronto.
The Belgraves has 85 rooms and suites, with wooden floors painted a steely, cool gray, and walls done in aubergine. Bathrooms are mostly gray and white with marble, and are stocked with products from the luxury British line Penhaligon.
The Belgrave's restaurant, Hix Belgravia, is on the hotel's mezzanine, and features a global menu inspired by food writer Mark Hix. Connected to the restaurant is Mark's Bar, which leads to an outdoor, "cigar garden," a heated terrace where guests and buy and smoke cigars.
Thinking of a trip to London?
For the best planning information and more, check out our online London Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy Belgraves London
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $123 & up -- Cancun Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2199 -- Luxe Tahiti 7-Night Cruise w/$300 Credit, $1200 OffWindstar Cruises
- $2999 -- Kenya 7-Nt. Safari w/Game Drives & Air, $400 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $159 -- Colorado: Suite at 4-Star Mountain Resort, $290 OffBeaver Creek Lodge
- $2175 & up -- Scotland: Castle & Manor Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Puerto Plata Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com