New Joie de Vivre Hotel to Open in Chicago
The Hotel Lincoln is on track for its scheduled early March opening date in one of Chicago's most popular neighborhoods, and will feature rooms with lakefront views, an all-season rooftop bar, and breakfast for guests from a popular, newly-opened restaurant on the hotel's ground floor.
The hotel, set to debut on March 9, 2012 will be housed in a 12-story property—the tallest building in the area—which sits on the perimeter of Lincoln Park at the corner of North Clark Street and North Lincoln Avenue. Its prime location in a neighborhood known for shopping, dining, and a wealth of sites including the Lincoln Park Zoo and the Chicago History Museum, is sure to be a draw for travelers.
All 184 rooms will either look out onto Lake Michigan or downtown, plus the hotel will have a swanky lobby lounge, and breakfast and room service provided by Perennial Virant, a farm-to-table restaurant from acclaimed chef Paul Virant, which opened in May 2011. But we're particularly excited about the hotel's all-season rooftop bar, where guests can enjoy cocktails with lakefront views in the dead of Chicago's brutal winters.
This is the second property outside California for the boutique hotel company Joie de Vivre. The first was the Saguaro Scottsdale, located in Scottsdale, Arizona, a 194-room hotel that opened in November 2011. The Saguaro has a definitive southwest vibe, done up in warm beige tones accented with leather, natural wood, and Mexican handmade crafts. The hotel also has two outdoor heated swimming pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant that serves its own take on street food from Mexico City.
Photo credit: Lincoln Park courtesy Chicago Man / flickr
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $119 -- Boston: Cambridge Hotel Suite w/Wi-Fi, 35% OffDoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston - Cambridge
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier
- $162 & up -- Ireland 5-Star Hotel & Spa into the SpringTourism Ireland
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com