New Joie de Vivre Hotel to Open in Chicago
The Hotel Lincoln is on track for its scheduled early March opening date in one of Chicago's most popular neighborhoods, and will feature rooms with lakefront views, an all-season rooftop bar, and breakfast for guests from a popular, newly-opened restaurant on the hotel's ground floor.
The hotel, set to debut on March 9, 2012 will be housed in a 12-story property—the tallest building in the area—which sits on the perimeter of Lincoln Park at the corner of North Clark Street and North Lincoln Avenue. Its prime location in a neighborhood known for shopping, dining, and a wealth of sites including the Lincoln Park Zoo and the Chicago History Museum, is sure to be a draw for travelers.
All 184 rooms will either look out onto Lake Michigan or downtown, plus the hotel will have a swanky lobby lounge, and breakfast and room service provided by Perennial Virant, a farm-to-table restaurant from acclaimed chef Paul Virant, which opened in May 2011. But we're particularly excited about the hotel's all-season rooftop bar, where guests can enjoy cocktails with lakefront views in the dead of Chicago's brutal winters.
This is the second property outside California for the boutique hotel company Joie de Vivre. The first was the Saguaro Scottsdale, located in Scottsdale, Arizona, a 194-room hotel that opened in November 2011. The Saguaro has a definitive southwest vibe, done up in warm beige tones accented with leather, natural wood, and Mexican handmade crafts. The hotel also has two outdoor heated swimming pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant that serves its own take on street food from Mexico City.
Photo credit: Lincoln Park courtesy Chicago Man / flickr
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com