New Joie de Vivre Hotel to Open in Chicago
The Hotel Lincoln is on track for its scheduled early March opening date in one of Chicago's most popular neighborhoods, and will feature rooms with lakefront views, an all-season rooftop bar, and breakfast for guests from a popular, newly-opened restaurant on the hotel's ground floor.
The hotel, set to debut on March 9, 2012 will be housed in a 12-story property—the tallest building in the area—which sits on the perimeter of Lincoln Park at the corner of North Clark Street and North Lincoln Avenue. Its prime location in a neighborhood known for shopping, dining, and a wealth of sites including the Lincoln Park Zoo and the Chicago History Museum, is sure to be a draw for travelers.
All 184 rooms will either look out onto Lake Michigan or downtown, plus the hotel will have a swanky lobby lounge, and breakfast and room service provided by Perennial Virant, a farm-to-table restaurant from acclaimed chef Paul Virant, which opened in May 2011. But we're particularly excited about the hotel's all-season rooftop bar, where guests can enjoy cocktails with lakefront views in the dead of Chicago's brutal winters.
This is the second property outside California for the boutique hotel company Joie de Vivre. The first was the Saguaro Scottsdale, located in Scottsdale, Arizona, a 194-room hotel that opened in November 2011. The Saguaro has a definitive southwest vibe, done up in warm beige tones accented with leather, natural wood, and Mexican handmade crafts. The hotel also has two outdoor heated swimming pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant that serves its own take on street food from Mexico City.
Photo credit: Lincoln Park courtesy Chicago Man / flickr
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Havana Vacation w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $199* -- Coast-to-Coast Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $129 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $145 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $529 & up -- 8-Day Alaska Cruise incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Lines