Find out the best way to see the sights in Cancun
Because there are so few sights in Cancun, there are no orientation tours. Your best bet is to ride the local bus circuit to get a feel for the island's layout. The buses run 24 hours a day, and you'll rarely have to wait more than five minutes.
Thinking of a trip to Cancun? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Cancun Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I've been going every February since 1993. Never expected to take in "sights in Cancun". My ALWAYS FULLY SATISFIED EXPECTATION was to escape the Michigan winter, refresh body, mind, and spirit with blue skies and sunshine, beautiful beaches, 20 shades of aquamarine stretching to infinity, breakfast buffets with mountains of fresh fruits & pastries, 30 choices among entrees, salads, & desserts at mealtimes, Mexican cuisine and fresh seafood, lazy afternoons punctuated by margaritas & pina coladas, taking the bus for $.60 to go shopping for silver and dancing out on the street. I've done all the day excursions and loved them. Chichen Itza is a must see My favorite hotel is the Grand Oasis---32 acres with minimal cement! Air from Detroit, all-inclusive 4 full days/nts Feb 2012 costing me the usual: $650.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- Cancun: 3-Nt. All-Incl. Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $149-$169 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 25%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $77 & up -- Suite at North Myrtle Beach Resort, 40% OffBeach Cove Resort
- $899 & up -- Hawaii All-Islands Cruises w/Credit & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $699 -- Costa Rica: 4-Star All-Incl. Riu Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $169 & up -- D.C. 4-Star Hotel near White House, Save $100JW Marriott Washington, DC