Find out the best way to see the sights in Cancun
Because there are so few sights in Cancun, there are no orientation tours. Your best bet is to ride the local bus circuit to get a feel for the island's layout. The buses run 24 hours a day, and you'll rarely have to wait more than five minutes.
Thinking of a trip to Cancun? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Cancun Travel Guide.
You May Also Like
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I've been going every February since 1993. Never expected to take in "sights in Cancun". My ALWAYS FULLY SATISFIED EXPECTATION was to escape the Michigan winter, refresh body, mind, and spirit with blue skies and sunshine, beautiful beaches, 20 shades of aquamarine stretching to infinity, breakfast buffets with mountains of fresh fruits & pastries, 30 choices among entrees, salads, & desserts at mealtimes, Mexican cuisine and fresh seafood, lazy afternoons punctuated by margaritas & pina coladas, taking the bus for $.60 to go shopping for silver and dancing out on the street. I've done all the day excursions and loved them. Chichen Itza is a must see My favorite hotel is the Grand Oasis---32 acres with minimal cement! Air from Detroit, all-inclusive 4 full days/nts Feb 2012 costing me the usual: $650.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers