Find out the best way to see the sights in Cancun
Because there are so few sights in Cancun, there are no orientation tours. Your best bet is to ride the local bus circuit to get a feel for the island's layout. The buses run 24 hours a day, and you'll rarely have to wait more than five minutes.
Thinking of a trip to Cancun? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Cancun Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I've been going every February since 1993. Never expected to take in "sights in Cancun". My ALWAYS FULLY SATISFIED EXPECTATION was to escape the Michigan winter, refresh body, mind, and spirit with blue skies and sunshine, beautiful beaches, 20 shades of aquamarine stretching to infinity, breakfast buffets with mountains of fresh fruits & pastries, 30 choices among entrees, salads, & desserts at mealtimes, Mexican cuisine and fresh seafood, lazy afternoons punctuated by margaritas & pina coladas, taking the bus for $.60 to go shopping for silver and dancing out on the street. I've done all the day excursions and loved them. Chichen Itza is a must see My favorite hotel is the Grand Oasis---32 acres with minimal cement! Air from Detroit, all-inclusive 4 full days/nts Feb 2012 costing me the usual: $650.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- $1995 & up -- Australia 12-Night, 4-City Land Only EscapeSpringboard Vacations
- $44 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, Save 35%Ocean Reef Resort
- $63-$71 -- LA: Manhattan Beach Hotel w/Airport ShuttlesBookIt.com
- $1349 -- Balcony: Alaska Cruise w/All Drinks & $600 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $119-$149 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $89 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale into Fall, Save 50%New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau