Learn a key Catalan phrase for travel in Barcelona
While traveling in Barcelona, using a few Catalan phrases will give you a much warmer reception than the usual Spanish. A friendly "bon dia" (good day) goes a long way.
Thinking about a trip to Barcelona? For the most up-to-date hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Barcelona Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
"Bones tardes" means good afternoon, which is also helpful. The Catalonians are very proud of their language, making a small effort will surely break the ice.
If you're looking to stay at a city hotel in Barcelona, check out the http://www.melia-barcelona.com/en/index.html. You won't be disappointed!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $203 & up -- NYC: Westin Times Square Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $912 & up -- 3-Nts. at Luxe Santiago Hotel using MasterCardW Santiago
- $152 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $64 & up -- Savannah Hotels, B&Bs and Inns on Sale, 60% OffVisit Savannah