Learn a key Catalan phrase for travel in Barcelona
While traveling in Barcelona, using a few Catalan phrases will give you a much warmer reception than the usual Spanish. A friendly "bon dia" (good day) goes a long way.
Thinking about a trip to Barcelona? For the most up-to-date hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Barcelona Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
"Bones tardes" means good afternoon, which is also helpful. The Catalonians are very proud of their language, making a small effort will surely break the ice.
If you're looking to stay at a city hotel in Barcelona, check out the http://www.melia-barcelona.com/en/index.html. You won't be disappointed!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $154 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Hotel w/Statue of Liberty PassesBookIt.com
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $137* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines