Learn a key Catalan phrase for travel in Barcelona
While traveling in Barcelona, using a few Catalan phrases will give you a much warmer reception than the usual Spanish. A friendly "bon dia" (good day) goes a long way.
Thinking about a trip to Barcelona? For the most up-to-date hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Barcelona Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
"Bones tardes" means good afternoon, which is also helpful. The Catalonians are very proud of their language, making a small effort will surely break the ice.
If you're looking to stay at a city hotel in Barcelona, check out the http://www.melia-barcelona.com/en/index.html. You won't be disappointed!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $679 & up -- Ends 1/31: Alaska Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $329 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $659 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com