Learn a key Catalan phrase for travel in Barcelona
While traveling in Barcelona, using a few Catalan phrases will give you a much warmer reception than the usual Spanish. A friendly "bon dia" (good day) goes a long way.
Thinking about a trip to Barcelona? For the most up-to-date hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Barcelona Travel Guide.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
"Bones tardes" means good afternoon, which is also helpful. The Catalonians are very proud of their language, making a small effort will surely break the ice.
If you're looking to stay at a city hotel in Barcelona, check out the http://www.melia-barcelona.com/en/index.html. You won't be disappointed!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $855* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $82* & up -- Toronto Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $119-$129 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $999 & up -- Ends 10/14: Hawaii Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line