In Our Forums: Will the Costa Disaster Affect Cruising?
Our forums have been abuzz about the Costa Concordia disaster, and if it will impact the future of cruising. While there hasn't been talk of cancellations for upcoming voyages, everything from safety on board to how the tragedy will affect the European cruise market has been discussed.
"This will certainly dampen the enthusiasm for cruising, at least for quite a few people, says Fodorite Eschew. "Costa caters mainly to Europeans and is part of the Carnival-Cunard-Princess-HAL empire. The Concordia is relatively new, being launched in 2006."
Here's the latest news from around the web:
Has the sinking of the Costa Concordia affected your cruise plans? We'd like to know. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.Photo credit: courtesy STC4blues / flickr
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
No, but I hope this is a wake-up call to parents that leave their children run wild around the ship without any adult supervision. Maybe they will realize what a nightmare it would have been to not know where your children are. Ohter people may not help your children because they are already in a state of panic and your children would be totally scared and may just try to get back to their cabin and look for you or even hide there. Think about it parents.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Spring, $440 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $2703 & up -- Ireland in Spring: 5-Star Trip w/Four SeasonsSceptre Tours
- $39 & up -- 1-BR Villa at 4-Diamond Beach Resort, 30% OffNorth Beach Plantation
- $1009 & up -- Oahu & Kauai 6-Nts. w/Air, Hotels & TransferTripMasters.com
- $1099 & up -- Ireland: 5-Star Villa Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com