In Our Forums: Will the Costa Disaster Affect Cruising?
Our forums have been abuzz about the Costa Concordia disaster, and if it will impact the future of cruising. While there hasn't been talk of cancellations for upcoming voyages, everything from safety on board to how the tragedy will affect the European cruise market has been discussed.
"This will certainly dampen the enthusiasm for cruising, at least for quite a few people, says Fodorite Eschew. "Costa caters mainly to Europeans and is part of the Carnival-Cunard-Princess-HAL empire. The Concordia is relatively new, being launched in 2006."
Here's the latest news from around the web:
Has the sinking of the Costa Concordia affected your cruise plans? We'd like to know. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.Photo credit: courtesy STC4blues / flickr
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
No, but I hope this is a wake-up call to parents that leave their children run wild around the ship without any adult supervision. Maybe they will realize what a nightmare it would have been to not know where your children are. Ohter people may not help your children because they are already in a state of panic and your children would be totally scared and may just try to get back to their cabin and look for you or even hide there. Think about it parents.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $69 & up -- Orlando Hotel Sale through Summer, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel
- $1599 -- Alaska 11-Night Cruise & Hotel Package, Save $860CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $142-$152 -- Santiago Chile Hotel incl. Breakfast & Wi-FiHyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura