In Our Forums: Will the Costa Disaster Affect Cruising?
Our forums have been abuzz about the Costa Concordia disaster, and if it will impact the future of cruising. While there hasn't been talk of cancellations for upcoming voyages, everything from safety on board to how the tragedy will affect the European cruise market has been discussed.
"This will certainly dampen the enthusiasm for cruising, at least for quite a few people, says Fodorite Eschew. "Costa caters mainly to Europeans and is part of the Carnival-Cunard-Princess-HAL empire. The Concordia is relatively new, being launched in 2006."
Here's the latest news from around the web:
Has the sinking of the Costa Concordia affected your cruise plans? We'd like to know. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.Photo credit: courtesy STC4blues / flickr
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
No, but I hope this is a wake-up call to parents that leave their children run wild around the ship without any adult supervision. Maybe they will realize what a nightmare it would have been to not know where your children are. Ohter people may not help your children because they are already in a state of panic and your children would be totally scared and may just try to get back to their cabin and look for you or even hide there. Think about it parents.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- $2999 & up -- Upscale Rhine River Cruise w/$299 R/T AirAvalon Waterways
- $119-$169 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $116 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 55% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $4199 -- Exotic Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise w/$400 Credit & AirOceania Cruises
- $55 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanview Suite, Save 35%Hotel Blue
- $58 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel and Resort Spring SaleVisit Myrtle Beach